Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello From Toronto Canada

AutelToronto

Reaction score
Website
www.denttransformer.com
To the best of my knowledge I'm prob the only Autel owner in Toronto unless someone decides to surprise me. Hey and if you didn't already know the new ISO Star link app V2.0.5 was released this morning no more beta app.

See you in the skies

Reactions: JR Videography
Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a fellow Canadian pilot. Must be pretty hard to fly around Toronto with all the restrictions from our not so smart government.
Great group of people here so make yourself at home :)

Reactions: AutelToronto
Glad to have you aboard AutelTorono. You will definitely learn a lot from this group if you need information. Also thanks for the update on the Starlink app.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Glad to have you aboard AutelTorono. You will definitely learn a lot from this group if you need information. Also thanks for the update on the Starlink app.

Thanks and your welcome. It had been up all day on the play store and my tablet would not notify me of updates for it. Had to delete the starlink app and install the new.

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a fellow Canadian pilot. Must be pretty hard to fly around Toronto with all the restrictions from our not so smart government.
Great group of people here so make yourself at home :)

Thanks and I'm still flying in Toronto but following there rules and regulations. Hover and UVA forecast have become my most used apps. Everyone I know that owns a drone have packed them away and scared to fly but most were not following any rules last year. I'm flying daily on the beta firmware and 4 Hawks Raptor and can't get enough of both new additions. Need 20 batteries.

I have many apps to show where I can fly but the one that does not show up in my area is a heli-pad. I prefer Airmap over Hover but neither show heli-pads. Where I live there are a lot of small communities that have a heli-pad for air ambulance and if you don't know the area they are not on any map.
Have you found a good resource for heli-pads?

I used to use UVA forecast but it's not accurate and also installed Hover because it did help locate heli pads. The heli pads in use now have a phone number shown and older non functioning pads don't show a phone number. And if one doesn't show up on a app and I hear one approaching I come down. Remember you'll hear them long before you see them.

Thanks and I'm still flying in Toronto but following there rules and regulations. Hover and UVA forecast have become my most used apps. Everyone I know that owns a drone have packed them away and scared to fly but most were not following any rules last year. I'm flying daily on the beta firmware and 4 Hawks Raptor and can't get enough of both new additions. Need 20 batteries.

Hi AutelToronto welcome in our mist, I like you feel very lonely here close to Ottawa and I just installed the Raptor as well but so far I need more practice with it as I didn't monitor my lining up enough and today the rain is preventing any other attempts.

Hi AutelToronto welcome in our mist, I like you feel very lonely here close to Ottawa and I just installed the Raptor as well but so far I need more practice with it as I didn't monitor my lining up enough and today the rain is preventing any other attempts.

Yes a lonely Autel in Toronto. The 4 Hawks is great and you'll get used to it in time. I've gained my help from one of there beta testers. It's not the same as the stock antennas and trying to point and follow the drone. Loose signal and we automatically think to point the antenna to the sky when i fact i was told to lower my antenna using the bracket. I had it on the top last setting, i lowered it to the bottom. I've had the drone going north and antenna pointing east at 2.7 miles. No video loss or signal loss, and no RTH.

Reactions: Normex
I find that hard to believe, I am a beta tester for Adrian from 4Hawks and that has never been my experience with well over 25 flights. I wonder how a directional antenna performs like that?

I find that hard to believe, I am a beta tester for Adrian from 4Hawks and that has never been my experience with well over 25 flights. I wonder how a directional antenna performs like that?

Well believe it or not. Everyone has issues when it comes to distant flights. Mine works amazing and never follow or chase the drone.

Heath Lawrence and I and one other member on this site all have tested the antenna before it went for sale and never had those results this is why I question the beta tester you talked to. It is not designed to work better facing away from the Quad. It is directional so I am now confused lol

Heath Lawrence and I and one other member on this site all have tested the antenna before it went for sale and never had those results this is why I question the beta tester you talked to. It is not designed to work better facing away from the Quad. It is directional so I am now confused lol
Well I guess I just blew all theories out of the water. I know it's directional but this is what happen. My only seat was a large wooden seat bolted down in the park. My back was killing me so took a seat facing east. The water lake ontario to my right. South. I tried to head out over the water and got no distance. East and west farm homes. So north it was over the road I drove into the park. Guess there's always one guy that beats the odds. Who knows maybe tomorrow if I go back I would have to point to the drone but I'll try again

In case you are wondering the beam with here it is. The 5.8 which is RC control is very narrow.
Raptor XR for Autel X-star premium has 65deg beamwidth @ 900MHz and about 35 deg in horizontal @ 5.8GHz.

Glad you have better results, must be a southern Ontario type of thing we northen Ontario people don't get LOL

In case you are wondering the beam with here it is. The 5.8 which is RC control is very narrow.
Raptor XR for Autel X-star premium has 65deg beamwidth @ 900MHz and about 35 deg in horizontal @ 5.8GHz.

Glad you have better results, must be a southern Ontario type of thing we northen Ontario people don't get LOL

I understand it's a directional antenna but I tried and tried since I got it aiming and adjusting. So Thursday I tried going out over water to the south and no distance. Which i should get amazing distance in theory. But plans to go back tomorrow to the same location, weather permitting and I will try again and video the seats if available and myself, if not there is 2 picnic tables further down. I'll test facing east again and then facing north both with the drone going north. Last time i had winds of 15 to 20 mph maybe no wind tomorrow , fingers crossed.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy