Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Horizon Tilt after Update 2.0.12

I saw that post also, one posted a screen shot with a gimbal roll of -9.0, - he had that fixed under warranty. NOT sure entirely if that was Firmware related or mechanical.

Autel got back to me, just waiting for a shipping label right now. She told me to detach the camera, reattach. I also read before let the drone sit on level ground for gimbal to "adjust" before take off. Nah, still the same old problem.
I grabbed a video capture from about 90 min ago.

They know about this problem - at least should be very aware of it. Seems that some have the tilt and some very lucky ones don't after the update. I'm not that tech related, I'm just thinking something got corrupted during the firmware install, maybe the update in the gimbal?
Since you can't roll the update back..you're basically stuck with a bad installed file? I don't know, its just speculation.

Looks like they Autel too care of it, it needed a "Gimbal recalibration" the warranty covered that and I should have it back by next Friday.
- A "Gimbal Recalibration" price NOT under warranty is $30.00.

I'm a bit stunned, it's a happy stunned. It arrived today at Autel at 1:30 PT (I shipped it last Friday..7 days as expected) and its already at FedEx on it's way back to PA by 4:30 PT. I honestly thought they would not get to my XSP until Tuesday the 20th, maybe Wednesday the 21st at the earliest. Very nice job by Autel. AND my timing worked out also, it was way too windy to fly this week - so my XSP would have simply sat in the case all week. Next week doesn't look too promising also when it comes to flying, More high winds, more snow, rain. Nor'Easter storm nonsense.. (PLEASE..bring on Spring, it's been a long long winter!)

See how it looks next week, right now I'm just beyond thrilled to have a level horizon again :)

Looks like they Autel too care of it, it needed a "Gimbal recalibration" the warranty covered that and I should have it back by next Friday.
- A "Gimbal Recalibration" price NOT under warranty is $30.00.

I'm a bit stunned, it's a happy stunned. It arrived today at Autel at 1:30 PT (I shipped it last Friday..7 days as expected) and its already at FedEx on it's way back to PA by 4:30 PT. I honestly thought they would not get to my XSP until Tuesday the 20th, maybe Wednesday the 21st at the earliest. Very nice job by Autel. AND my timing worked out also, it was way too windy to fly this week - so my XSP would have simply sat in the case all week. Next week doesn't look too promising also when it comes to flying, More high winds, more snow, rain. Nor'Easter storm nonsense.. (PLEASE..bring on Spring, it's been a long long winter!)

See how it looks next week, right now I'm just beyond thrilled to have a level horizon again :)
So have you really tested it or are you just assuming it is fixed?

The 2.0.12 update actually fixed the horizon tilt for me, which only occurred when in altitude hold mode, going top speed, then turning sharply. Nothing like on my Mavic, which gets very bad horizon tilt rotating the craft at half-speed in GPS mode. It is horrible on the Mavic.

I got it back this morning via FedEx finally. Looks like the "gimbal adjustment, recalibration" Autel did performed worked.

Many thanks to ACJunior for posting the resolution to his horizon tilt problem here! I had given up hope on my XSP, since the conversation I had with Autel back in October led me to believe the only chance for a solution was to wait on a firmware update to address the known issue. When I saw ACJunior's posts that the problem on his bird was fixed, I reached out to him for more details, and contacted Autel support again. Their customer support was fantastic once again, recommending that I send my XSP in to be "repaired", and providing a FedEx shipping label for free round trip shipping.

To make a very long story short, I shipped my XSP and remote controller back to Autel, on May 26. They received it on June 4, and by that evening I had an email from Autel stating that they had reviewed the logs, had made the repair, and they were covering it under warranty! That last part pleasantly surprised me - I was expecting to have to fight over the repair costs, because my XSP is long out of the warranty period, but in my mind I shouldn’t have to pay anything since it was the firmware update that broke the ship. Volunteering to cover the "repair" under warranty is a first-class move on Autel's part, in my opinion - it shows they are still interested in doing the right thing for their customers. Anyway, they shipped it back on June 5, and it received it on June 11. A total of 16 days turnaround time - not bad at all considering that includes the Memorial Day holiday weekend!

And I'm pleased to report that the horrific horizon tilt that I had been experiencing is completely solved! I put it through some pretty thorough flight testing today, and not a bit of horizon tilt! I'm in love with my XSP again :)

The only head scratcher is that they seem to have found and "repaired" a different problem on my ship. They replaced the "faulty" aircraft main board SD card on mine rather than the "gimbal calibration" they did on ACJunior's bird, despite virtually identical symptoms. Regardless, I couldn't be happier to have the problem resolved. For anyone else who is still experiencing this issue, I highly recommend that you contact Autel support directly and have them service your XSP. Two weeks without the XSP was well worth the excellent results!

Here's the email for my service - total in my case would have been just north of $50:

Autel Robotics Service & Repair
Your Service Order
Hello Ben,

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I determined that the aircraft main board SD card is faulty and will be replaced. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you and in this case, the repair will be covered under warranty. Please continue through this invoice to confirm your shipping information; there will be no charge as this is warranty service. Please allow up to 14 days, from receipt, for the repair to be completed. I really appreciate your patience through this process. As a courtesy to our customers all units coming in for repair will be updated to latest firmware version 2.0.12.

Thank you

If you have any other questions or concerns, do NOT reply to this email as it is not monitored, contact our customer service at 1-844-MYAUTEL, via email at [email protected], or via chat at our website here: X-Star | Autel Robotics

Here are the details of your service order. Please review and contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions. If you approve the amount, please confirm below to proceed with the service.

Confirm and pay

Order summary

8G SD card

$22.55

Labor
0.5 hour

$30.00

Discount

$-52.55

Total

$0.00 USD

This Repair Invoice does not show applicable tax rate. The final tax rate will be determined based on your billing address when you make the payment. You may also elect to pay for expedited shipping at checkout.

If you have any questions, please DO NOT reply to this email, it is not monitored. Please contact us at [email protected], or call us at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (844-692-8835). Our support staff is available 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm PST.

support_blurb_badge_600x600.png

Reactions: ACJunior
Many thanks to ACJunior for posting the resolution to his horizon tilt problem here! I had given up hope on my XSP, since the conversation I had with Autel back in October led me to believe the only chance for a solution was to wait on a firmware update to address the known issue. When I saw ACJunior's posts that the problem on his bird was fixed, I reached out to him for more details, and contacted Autel support again. Their customer support was fantastic once again, recommending that I send my XSP in to be "repaired", and providing a FedEx shipping label for free round trip shipping.

To make a very long story short, I shipped my XSP and remote controller back to Autel, on May 26. They received it on June 4, and by that evening I had an email from Autel stating that they had reviewed the logs, had made the repair, and they were covering it under warranty! That last part pleasantly surprised me - I was expecting to have to fight over the repair costs, because my XSP is long out of the warranty period, but in my mind I shouldn’t have to pay anything since it was the firmware update that broke the ship. Volunteering to cover the "repair" under warranty is a first-class move on Autel's part, in my opinion - it shows they are still interested in doing the right thing for their customers. Anyway, they shipped it back on June 5, and it received it on June 11. A total of 16 days turnaround time - not bad at all considering that includes the Memorial Day holiday weekend!

And I'm pleased to report that the horrific horizon tilt that I had been experiencing is completely solved! I put it through some pretty thorough flight testing today, and not a bit of horizon tilt! I'm in love with my XSP again :)

The only head scratcher is that they seem to have found and "repaired" a different problem on my ship. They replaced the "faulty" aircraft main board SD card on mine rather than the "gimbal calibration" they did on ACJunior's bird, despite virtually identical symptoms. Regardless, I couldn't be happier to have the problem resolved. For anyone else who is still experiencing this issue, I highly recommend that you contact Autel support directly and have them service your XSP. Two weeks without the XSP was well worth the excellent results!

Here's the email for my service - total in my case would have been just north of $50:

That's excellent. I just replied to you...but then saw this.
Glad the VERY annoying tilt issue was fixed - and it was 100% covered!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials