Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Inside A Drone Factory (Splash Drone)

What I found interesting about it was when they were talking in the car and the driver said lots and lots of UAV companies come and go and no one is going to compete with DJI.

I see DJI is still trying to do whatever they can to keep the lawsuit against Autel going. A docket entry was just posted on the case. Delaware District Court case no. 1:16-cv-00706

Reactions: Rawdog
"DJI brings this action to seek injunctive relief and damages arising out of Autel’s infringement of U.S. Patent Nos. 9,016,617, 9,284,049, 9,321,530 and D691,514 (collectively “the Patents-in-Suit”)."

And just for the record, this was filed about a year and a half ago. ;)

Yup and they just keep on revising it. They are doing the same thing to Yuneec also. And then they are also hammering them in the EU. Lots of money to tie the competitors up in court with. The small guys don't stand a chance.

They really don't have to win any law suits. They can just push them out of the market.

(U) What is "Dumping"? (U) The illegal practice of exporting a product at a price lower than the cost to manufacture the product or lower than the price the manufacturer would charge in its own home market.

(U) Dumping Techniques (U) In 2015, DJI aggressively dropped its prices by as much as 70 percent in less than one year, effectively forcing its main competitors out of the market. Since that time, DJI's biggest competitors, Parrot in France, 3D RoboticsUSPER in the U.S., and Yuneec in China, all stopped production due to their inability to match DJI's prices.19 Using dumping techniques, DJI was able to sell category one UAS in the United States for approximately $900 USD. Comparatively, other group one category UAS with the same level of technology sold for $3,500 USD.20 — (U) Since DJI creates, manufactures, and tests its UAS in its own facilities in Shenzhen, it is able to keep costs much lower than its foreign competitors, who have higher operating costs and often have to travel across the world to build their products.21 — (U) Lower manufacturing costs, combined with illegal dumping tactics, have effectively given DJI a monopoly in the category one UAS market in the United States. As a result, U.S. companies have fewer options and are more likely to purchase DJI UAS. — (U//LES) From August 2016 to August 2017, DJI imported 10,321 shipments into the United States, 1,741 of which entered through the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. Comparatively, from August 2015 to August 2016, DJI imported 2,873 shipments into the United States.22 In a one year period, DJI was able to drastically increase shipments of UAS to the United States market, likely due to its low prices and lack of competition.

Right. That was for their 10 year anniversary. That's why/how I got my 1st drone, the Phantom 3 Standard in my sig line. Sans the 'extras', I got shipped to me, a badass case, the P3S, a lens cleaning kit, $10 gift card (which I did use) and something else, all for under $480 and all brand spanking new.

I NEVER fly it anymore, I just completely rebuilt it including the shell, upgraded landing gear, upgraded antennas, new motors and yes, new center board as well. The only original part I have is the remote still. But it works sometimes and sometimes not. Very fickle and not consistently working as it should. I think I have it narrowed down to my new Nokia phone being a POS that I have come to discover it is, but still not 100% yet. I love flying it, but since the arrival of the XSP, fugged-about-it! The XSP is everything a drone wishes it could be and DJI is jealous. Personally, I see enough differences that I'm sure Autel will be vindicated.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I somehow managed to live the first 65 years of my life without a drone. If it ever gets to a point where the choice is either DJI or no drone at all (which is their stated business goal), I'll go with no drone at all. There are plenty of other ways I can think of to spend time and money:)!

I don't disagree that Autel is more than just UAV's but the UAV division side of the company is very small compared to DJI. I can actually see them going the way of 3D Robotics.
Behind The Crash Of 3D Robotics, North America's Most Promising Drone Company
I'm starting to feel that the x-star is an experiment. A way to test the waters if you will. Autel really has not seemed interested in making money off the x-star, and they haven't jumped the gun on another drone. I think they want to find all the bugs before making an x-star 1,2,3,4.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
The one big TAKE Away from the Splash Drone 3 is its battery. Just a Regular LIPO Battery with XT60 connectors. None of these stupid battery cases you have to buy every time a new drone comes out. It is where DJI makes their money. I kind of like this Drone, but would have to see one up close and personal and possibly fly it, before making a purchase.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy