Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Internet ???

MrTimesHerald

Reaction score
I just bought my autel x star premium and my question is do I need internet service in order to fly my drone? I have an iPad mini which I plan to use as my screen and it doesn't have mobile data. I did download the star link app for the drone via wifi. I really don't want to use my phone for flight.

You need internet for maps to be interactive but you can create a wifi hotspot with your phone. You can just go where you have wifi and view the maps in flight area and they will be saved.

You need internet for maps to be interactive but you can create a wifi hotspot with your phone. You can just go where you have wifi and view the maps in flight area and they will be saved.

Correct me if I am wrong, I can download google maps on my iPad and it will be saved which will allow my to have a safe flight or I can just create a hotspot with my cell phone?

You can fly your X-star with no phone or tablet so no you do not need internet. Like mentioned above you do need to cache your maps before hand. Or you can use your hotspot also. I do it all the time.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy