Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Iron ore pit

rkyleh

Reaction score
This is one of the ore pits west of town. I want to go back out there and get more video it is a large area and I think the pits up against the mountain are larger than this one. I got permission to fly here but the guard warned me that if the drone went down in the pit it was gone. I can see why once I got up in the air. I would bet that water is pretty caustic they didn't have all the rules they do now about spilling oil or fuel on the ground. Those big shovels had to be serviced where they were.

Reactions: Goober and KentA
Interesting video but I have ZERO respect for companies that think they can rape and destroy the land without giving it all back to nature. They should be shot. :(

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Interesting video but I have ZERO respect for companies that think they can rape and destroy the land without giving it all back to nature. They should be shot. :(
Nice video, I haven’t seen one that big in awhile. Agree. Old rules (i.e. no rules), when mining companies could walk away and wash their hands of the toxic soup they leave for centuries.
The Rocky Mts is home to plenty big & small... Unregulated mining was fast and loose in the western USA for too long, now being done in Java and other parts of Asia. It’s expensive to clean-up, but it’s part of the business today, in most parts of the world where politicians are somewhat accountable, not simply paid to look the other way....

I don't know all the details but I do know the industry shut down because of cheap imports. But when one door close's another opens. Iron county is using one of these pits for landfill and it will take a few years before they have to move location.:)
I suppose some day this valley will be as congested as all the big city's (not my worry at my age) but at least they have a spot to bury all the junk we throw away instead of shipping it out to sea like some places did.

Attachments

• Cedar Landfill.jpg
    Cedar Landfill.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member