Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is This Drone For You?

Each of our needs is different. I applaud Parrot for leaving obstacle avoidance off.
I think experienced pilots agree OA is more a nuisance which limits performance; as pilots we are responsible for our flight path.
OA technology is far from perfect and drones with OA crash into stuff all the time. I'll take the lighter weight, longer flight times and less cluttered software. Flying with OA takes a lot of processing power and the drone can act erratic.
Of coarse the flip side is the newbie who thinks he can depend on OA and GPS to keep him out of trouble, never a good thing. I think it comes down to individual choice.
My guess is DJI's new release will boast more OA than ever protecting you in 6 axis, the opposite of Anafi.
In the end the consumer and market will decide.
If someone learned how to fly worth a damn, OA is not needed. As far as OA on RTH.... Some flight controllers are capable of following their breadcrumbs out of woods, so if you got in, you would get out on the same path. in the grand scheme of things, OA is probably like automatic headlights on a car.... Not needed and just something to malfunction later on......

Reactions: KentA
Each of our needs is different. I applaud Parrot for leaving obstacle avoidance off.
I think experienced pilots agree OA is more a nuisance which limits performance; as pilots we are responsible for our flight path.
OA technology is far from perfect and drones with OA crash into stuff all the time. I'll take the lighter weight, longer flight times and less cluttered software. Flying with OA takes a lot of processing power and the drone can act erratic.
Of coarse the flip side is the newbie who thinks he can depend on OA and GPS to keep him out of trouble, never a good thing. I think it comes down to individual choice.
My guess is DJI's new release will boast more OA than ever protecting you in 6 axis, the opposite of Anafi.
In the end the consumer and market will decide.
If someone learned how to fly worth a damn, OA is not needed. As far as OA on RTH.... Some flight controllers are capable of following their breadcrumbs out of woods, so if you got in, you would get out on the same path. in the grand scheme of things, OA is probably like automatic headlights on a car.... Not needed and just something to malfunction later on......

I agree with you. If you are a new pilot you need to learn how to fly. I spent my time crashing into stuff and losing a few. All of them cheap.
When I became a little proficient I spent a little more money. I want solid performance, excellent video. I don't want someone else making my decision's for me.

Dear customer,

Chronopost informs you that parcel No ...numbers... / ...numbers... sent by PARROT is being handled in our network.

:)

One interesting thing about this video is the over time revealed something not part of the intended results. I was watching this in a small window and the text on screen was not really readable. I first though there was a fly buzzing by the camera all over the place (Anafi) and also that I had a dirt spot on my screen (mavic).

Seem like the drone stabilization on the Evo and Mavic are pretty on par, which means the Anafi is way more twitchy as one would expect with the lighter drone.

Reactions: Goober
This is a review from a fellow forum member on a different forum. If he is impressed this closes a few more holes for me :)

"What can I say about Anafi other than I think it is an amazing little drone. I'm blown away how good Anafi is given it's size and weight. There are drones that are faster, there are drones that have a better camera, there are drones that are lighter; however, as an overall package I think Anafi is a gamechanger.

This video is my second flight with Anafi. All the settings are straight out of the box no post. I had zero issues, no warnings, no nagging, I got instant GPS lock... very impressed. This thing is fun to fly with a controller, responsive and smooth.

I took off Anafi, clocked it around to the front of the vehicle, then hit "Follow" - drew a box around the vehicle and drove off. Altitude control was excellent I did not have to correct for elevation of the terrain. Max speed I went was maybe 25 mph but Anafi showed no sign of falling behind. I did a 3DR Solo style Follow Orbit and it worked great, smooth with no jerky movements. Horizon looks good. Stick authority for altitude and distance during autonomous shots was about as responsive as Halo. I think the combination of GPS and optical tracking is ideal; it centers you in frame yet can still be flown behind obstructions securely. I'm using a Mini 4 which does not fit in the controller holder. Video down link was solid the whole flight. My worries of EIS blur seem to be unfounded.

Anafi has just obsoleted several of the large heavy cases I haul out with me, I may get a second Anafi as a backup. I don't think anything can replace my H at this time, the ability to Follow over 40 mph and fly in high winds is the H's strength. I have not flown Anafi in high winds but I have a feeling it will do okay.

Super happy with this little drone.

BTW when I took out the SD card I realized I did not have to wipe it down, with my GoPro's and H they get dusty. MP has a cover which is smart but now I don't mind the SD card being under the battery anymore.

I was in the air about 20 minutes and had 40% battery left when I landed, so Anafi flies longer than I need. I'm not saying Anafi is perfect but for the price it is the best value out IMO. Congrats to Parrot I hope they do well but the market will determine that.

Funny, Anafi is so quiet when I got out of my Jeep to land it I could not hear it at about 100 feet away. I lost site of it for a moment and had to fly it in FPV."

This is a review from a fellow forum member on a different forum. If he is impressed this closes a few more holes for me :)

That was really impressive although I will not lie, there were a couple of moment where the ground and vegetation got close enough to give me "EEP!" moments.

I was sold on the Evo and then the launch played out as it has. I was on the fence for a while. Now I'm leaning this way but will wait a little while for more real life feedback.

It is totally amazing on how well it keeps the jeep in the center of focus on follow me. I guess that is why Parrot has the patent for GPS & visual tracking as it works so well. Not sure I would use follow me with the Anafi in front as it calculates the alt. from the phone\tablet and if there is big change there might be problems :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d