Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just flew a little over a mile with this downloaded and printed out DIY...

I don't eat such things anymore but it reminds me of the microwave sleeves that hot pockets come in for some reason, haha.

Where did you download, out of curiosity? Though I have the same purchased reflectors as well.

Reactions: TAMU1996
Tom's tech time is one place, but you can google DIY parabolic range extender, or antenna. The one I printed out was on two sheets making it larger, or Tom's is on one, making it smaller. You can print two small ones for each antenna. You glue aluminium foil on making it look like a hot pocket.:D

Reactions: brian bwin
I just got the ones from Skyreat. I was hoping it would help with the video interference warnings. Nope, still get them!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I just got the ones from Skyreat. I was hoping it would help with the video interference warnings. Nope, still get them!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Yep, same here. Rather expensive, but you could get the dbs Maxx by itelite. Arbaxter on this site recently bought one.

Last edited:
Try flipping the antennas down so that the reflectors point above horizon, the signal is directional. With a real paribolic you can get wifi signals up to 15 miles los.

Try flipping the antennas down so that the reflectors point above horizon, the signal is directional. With a real paribolic you can get wifi signals up to 15 miles los.
Good Idea .. Like it !
C.B.

I recently purchased the skyreat extenders and i have to say they made it worse. At 200m out and 74m high i was losing signal. It was in and out so i yanked them off and i had signal again. So now i have 2 copper coated things that i wasted my money on. Btw, i tried them again and still had nothing goox to say. So i got ahold of CD and bought a itelite dbs. Im waiting impatiently. I hope this solves my issues.

I've heard of them not making much difference, but I don't think I've heard of the experience you had. They seem to be kind of hit or miss sometimes. One of them things you just have to try. I couldn't fly a mile with my drone , so I ordered some. Then, after I ordered them and before they arrived, I go out and fly a mile, and I thinking.....somebody's messing' with me. :confused:

I've heard of them not making much difference, but I don't think I've heard of the experience you had. They seem to be kind of hit or miss sometimes. One of them things you just have to try. I couldn't fly a mile with my drone , so I ordered some. Then, after I ordered them and before they arrived, I go out and fly a mile, and I thinking.....somebody's messing' with me. :confused:
Well Bama, i tried them and i didnt get any improvements so now its time to try the next best option. The furthest point ive had mine out is 1800' and the signal was a bit scrambled. The farm i fly on now has a couple of electric lines and a metal barn but i wasnt flying by either. Does height help when flying longer distances? I try to stay down to 200'. I have the Susquehanna river a few miles away and maybe i will take it there and see how far i can go with no power lines or metal interference.

Pure genius! I will try this when mine comes back...this plus the 4Hawks antenna (possibly mounted upside down to get the correct angle of attack for the signal) might do the trick.

Well Bama, i tried them and i didnt get any improvements so now its time to try the next best option. The furthest point ive had mine out is 1800' and the signal was a bit scrambled. The farm i fly on now has a couple of electric lines and a metal barn but i wasnt flying by either. Does height help when flying longer distances? I try to stay down to 200'. I have the Susquehanna river a few miles away and maybe i will take it there and see how far I can go with no power lines or metal interference.
I have trees around so I was probably around 500 or 600 feet up. I haven't been using them lately because I haven't wanted to fly very far away,

Well Bama, i tried them and i didnt get any improvements so now its time to try the next best option. The furthest point ive had mine out is 1800' and the signal was a bit scrambled. The farm i fly on now has a couple of electric lines and a metal barn but i wasnt flying by either. Does height help when flying longer distances? I try to stay down to 200'. I have the Susquehanna river a few miles away and maybe i will take it there and see how far i can go with no power lines or metal interference.
Altitude is your friend most times when going for distance if there are any objects around or power lines. I have to go up to 400' when flying from the house or line of sight gets tricky at around 800-1000 feet out...damn palm trees everywhere. I have 3 corridors between houses that I can get best runs through here...as soon as I cross a rooftop pinnacle or palm between me and the XSP I get signal warnings.

How do you flip them down? Mine only go up, or out, to the sides, or in on each other. Only way to point them towards the horizon, on mine, is to flip them straight up, and tilt the controller down, with the screen holder cocked way back over the controls, to be able to see it.

I guess you could pull the controller apart, and see if the antenna mounts could be swivelled around. But, from watching the install videos of the DNS, and Raptor antennas..... It would be a **** load of work, just to see.

Reactions: Wrsdas

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials