Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just flew a little over a mile with this downloaded and printed out DIY...

I think he means having the antennas horizontal when people say point them down. At least this is what I have always meant it to mean. :)

Can you point them straight down, yes you can but you run the risk of breaking the coax leads as they get twisted around. These stock antennas just snap into place so using a pair of vice grips you should be able to twist them around. There is a little tab on the end that would need to be broken off so it can rotate. Notice one of mine broke off when I did the 4Hawks install. Doing this is not recommended by me.
20170918_133116.jpg

Yep, same here. Rather expensive, but you could get the dbs Maxx by itelite. Arbaxter on this site recently bought one.
It seems Itelite has stopped making the panel for the Autel. Must have been a one-off run due to the odd frequencies used by Autel and low sales. I have one but it is freaking huge and awkward to use due to the size & weight. (Just for reference, the current crop of DJI quads go 4 miles with no modifications)

I dont want to go far, just to have a reliable signal all the time.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Exactly. I don't fly my Mavic out 4 miles but I love the rock solid connection for video & control in almost all situations. The video has never even had a hiccup, always clear & solid.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller