Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just went 1.27 miles with these.

Along with high elevations above sea level with high temperatures, humidity and barometric pressure at any altitude with will effect your aircrafts performance too. This is called density altitude. The altitude the aircraft thinks it is flying. density altitude calculator Remember, the only thing remotely aerodynamic on this whirlybird are the props. You are using pure muscle (lift from the props) to counter gravity. The aircraft weight, the airframe creating parasite drag the faster you go, and atmospheric conditions are all against you. For me, I have to add my neighbor who wants to shoot it down.

As for signal strength: Not effected by thin air, but line of sight (or a lack of) and signal interference (chaff) do create uplink/downlink communication problems.

I used some 'Skycreat' clipons and was disappointed when the Starlink App. said ' maximum distance' at about 1/2 mile !

Is there a setting in Starlink for the distance, other than switch off beginner ?

(if so, I may have missed it)

Thanks,
Cider Boy.

Did you switch this off?
930aec556ea4b5ebef0375a7a2cf7dd2.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Cider Boy, are you using an iOS device to run Starlink? I have had the same issue with a 0.5 mile limitation on distance despite the distance limit being shut off, and read somewhere that this is a bug that crept into the latest release of the Starlink app for iOS. I also have an android tablet, so the next time I fly, I'm going to try it instead and see if I can pass 0,5 miles.

Ahhh! yes, IOS App on IPAD Air 2.

And yes Distance Limit turned off.

Let's hope it's all good in the next firmware ... ( whichever century that is released in ) ;)

Hopefully they are not going down the same road DJI is going down by trying to limit what you can do with your UAV.

Cider Boy, are you using an iOS device to run Starlink? I have had the same issue with a 0.5 mile limitation on distance despite the distance limit being shut off, and read somewhere that this is a bug that crept into the latest release of the Starlink app for iOS. I also have an android tablet, so the next time I fly, I'm going to try it instead and see if I can pass 0,5 miles.
Thanks. Please let me know and I shall maybe purchase a cheap Android tablet.

Regards, C.B.

Just set a personal best distance record. :)

Class G airspace, middle of nowhere, no obstructions, not even any power lines. Flown at 385'. Fullly stock tx; no boosters/reflectors.

Video started wiggin' out around .99, by the end it had disconnected about 3 times and reconnected. I probably could have gone farther, but the wind was pretty much howling and my battery had 13 minutes left, so I decided not to go any farther and initiated RTH.

That's probably the most I'll go for. Pretty nerve wracking, and no real reason to go out that far.

Attachments

• ld.jpg
    ld.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 16
iPad Air2, Samsung Tab A and Samsung cellphone S4
I have IPAD AIR2 and I get a message at 1/2 mile saying max.distance, hence the reason for my message. Do you get the same message with Android?

C.B.

Any result yet?
Regards, C.B.

I have a Samsung S6 edge phone. The only time I had a problem with distance was because I didn't have it set for maximum in the Starlink app.

I used some 'Skycreat' clipons and was disappointed when the Starlink App. said ' maximum distance' at about 1/2 mile !

Is there a setting in Starlink for the distance, other than switch off beginner ?

(if so, I may have missed it)

Thanks,
Cider Boy.
Yes when u adjust your altuide right below that

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials