Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Loss of video link signal

It seems to me there is a lot of similar problems being reported. I'm flying both an XstarP and a Mavic Pro and now they both have the no Vid, 'no map issue' (Frequently). FW 2.01 on the XSP and Nexus7 (opSys 6.01) and Nvidia Shield K-1, opSys 7.0 In both cases the latest play store Starlink and DJI Go4. The problem is not just our side of the competitive fence.

It seemed to me that FW beta 1.3.30 did not have this problem. It was the first part of August this flaw started with the Nexus7 which had been faultless up to that point ie begin beta 2.01.

I haven't flown the Mavic that much yet, but it has the same miserable flaw.

highflyer777

Last edited:
Hello new orange pilot here and had my first handful of maiden flights. the last several flights I used the waypoints to send it out 750ft to WP1 at 195ft alt. I'm in a wooded area with a S7 phone and wifi off. The first flight before it got to the WP1 i got the video disconnect and the controller a few seconds later. I immediately got the message the drone was heading Home. I got it home fine and while the batteries were charging i cleaned the gimbal connects and inserted it back in several times. Two more flights that afternoon I got repeated video drops but no Go Home drops. i saw where 3 of my 4 channels were green but very low, the channel selected was the red but a higher bar.
So far i'm a little disappointed with the distance issues, i could see a 10-20% drop reasonable, but 750ft isn't even close to the 1.2mi range they say.
i'm going to try another location next week and see if i can get any better results in a more open location.
I'm wondering if i flew at a higher altitude say 350ft would the connection be better with less interference.
i did notice the bars on my controllers signal strength go to 2 bars a few times but no drop the last 2 flights.

gary

First make sure your antennas are facing the right way and you are pointing towards the UAV.

Also you want to switch to the lowest green bar when you are out about 100 feet. This will change to a red bar and will now be the biggest bar. This is normal.

Flying higher will for sure help in your signal problem but it is not always desirable to fly high.
Here is another video that might help you out.

Yes, I have had the same problem, loss of app connection. I use a brand new ASUS Zenpad 8.0 and it has happened three or four times now. OK so it's not every time but it's very disconcerting when it does. Thankfully it does not effect the flying of the drone but hey, I'm new to this game. I suppose I've flown about 10-15 times and it's happened as I said at least 3 times. (All flown at the same location).

I had the same issue using my iphone and new ipad 9.7. after a few exchanges with customer service they had me send it in for a repair. Took about a week to get there and they said about two weeks on the diagnosis and repairs and a week back. plan for a month without your baby. hope they correct it.

Well received a reply they received my drone and tested it several times out to .8miles and had zero video loss or signal interruption and nothing is wrong with the unit. They are sending it back. 10 out of 10 flights lost video and controller connection at less than 500 ft at 300 ft elevation. I had zero problems same location with my chroma. Not sure what to do now, Sell the POS, or trash it. I have no use for a non functioning piece of equipment. maybe they are having problems. Great communication though.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain