Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Low Battery Warning

surenmunoo

Reaction score
Today I flew the V3 because I have not flown it in over 2 months. Went out with a 100% fully charged battery, reached just over 7km and battery was at 55% but I got no warning that the battery will be insufficient to return home or no notification advising to go home like Dji does. I have my low battery warning set to 15% and critical at 8%. I manually flew back and battery reached 22% and that's when I got a low battery warning and at 8% a critical warning but I was already on the way back but still 2km away. Had I continued to fly and relied on the warning like Dji drones does when it detects that the battery will not be enough to return home then I would have lost my drone. I am not a fan of Autel since they lack support and no features for the V3 but then again their drone should give the same behaviour like Dji does calculating the needed battery capacity for the return trip to the Home Point or does it not do that at all.

Reactions: CaptainBry
From the manual:

1693046143527.png

If you encounter issues, first make yourself confident with the actual capabilities of the aircraft Instead of assumptions.
A common mistake [read pilot error] is to have the firmware not up to date. Hope this helps.

Today I flew the V3 because I have not flown it in over 2 months. Went out with a 100% fully charged battery, reached just over 7km and battery was at 55% but I got no warning that the battery will be insufficient to return home or no notification advising to go home like Dji does. I have my low battery warning set to 15% and critical at 8%. I manually flew back and battery reached 22% and that's when I got a low battery warning and at 8% a critical warning but I was already on the way back but still 2km away. Had I continued to fly and relied on the warning like Dji drones does when it detects that the battery will not be enough to return home then I would have lost my drone. I am not a fan of Autel since they lack support and no features for the V3 but then again their drone should give the same behaviour like Dji does calculating the needed battery capacity for the return trip to the Home Point or does it not do that at all.
I am curious why you flew the drone out 7km (4.2 miles)? Obviously, well beyond LOS. Just because these systems are capable doesn’t mean you should take the chance on losing your drone. I am also curious what happened to your drone. Did it land safely somewhere and you were able to retrieve it?

From the manual:

View attachment 16401

If you encounter issues, first make yourself confident with the actual capabilities of the aircraft Instead of assumptions.
A common mistake [read pilot error] is to have the firmware not up to date. Hope this helps.
Failsafe does not kick in for me hence the post to ask if this works for others

I am curious why you flew the drone out 7km (4.2 miles)? Obviously, well beyond LOS. Just because these systems are capable doesn’t mean you should take the chance on losing your drone. I am also curious what happened to your drone. Did it land safely somewhere and you were able to retrieve it?
Where I live, it is farmland and yes I know it is beyond LOS but within property so it's okay. The main reason I did this long flight was to check if any issues after the latest FW update, I rarely fly the Autel because I do a lot of tracking and the V3 does not track well so I use my Mavic 3 Pro.

Reactions: G_G

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan