Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Low Temp warning.

Coffee999

Reaction score
I'm getting low temp warnings on my batteries. The ambient temp is around 65 degrees F. Why should I be getting this warning? Thanks.

I'm getting low temp warnings on my batteries. The ambient temp is around 65 degrees F. Why should I be getting this warning? Thanks.
I think you are kind of border lined with the temp. One of the betas I seem to remember they raised the temp a little bit but people are still getting the warning at 70F.
Some do some don't. I just ignore it and it goes away after a few minutes of flying.
I think the magic number is 68F and could get triggered plus or minus a number or two.

Last edited:
I got these last weekend on my P3a and they would not let me take off at all, even though it was sunny and in the low 60s. I realized that I had the drone and batteries in the car overnight and it got down in the 30s. So even if the ambient temp is in the 60s, if you leave your batteries in a cold environment, they will be cold when you take them out to fly and you will get a warning.
Open the case and let them warm up to room temp before you fly, or put them on the dash if you drive out to your fly site. They should not be cold to the touch. There are enough cold battery drop write ups on this forum that if you ignore the battery too cold warnings and are below 50%, your taking your chances....fly somewhere where you can pick up the drone should if force a landing out of the blue...been there....

I emailed Autel and asked when it kicks in as I was not sure on the temp. This is what they said.
"The cold warning gets activated when the internal temperature of the battery is below 68F."
So I guess this old farts brain is still working as I had it right LOL

Thank you for your reply. Since I just bought my system last summer, this is the first time I have brought batteries out of storage and recharged, and the first time I have seen this low temp warning. Why in the world would 65 degree batteries generate a warning let along 70 degrees? What is the operating temp range on this bird? These warnings make no sense at these temps.

Last edited:
If you buy a battery it comes with a little pamphlet of the do's and don't's and the operating temps of the battery. These temps are different then the operating temps of the bird.
-10°c\14°F to 45°C\113°F

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials