Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Media formats

ProMapper

Reaction score
I looked but could not find an FAQ for posting photos and videos. Specifically video. Can anyone enlighten me as to the best format for uploaded video is?

The lower resolution and lower frame rates upload easier but they don't look as good. If you cut frame rate in half it reduces the file size by half.

mMMM, good info but I was looking for like wmv, mp3, mp4 etc. when I go to upload a file all I see are zip and frame formats such as jpg and gif.

.mp4 is used for Android, .mov for iOS. Either can be played on a PC, assuming the correct software is installed. Not sure what Youtube, etc. want format-wise as I don't upload videos to the Internet...I'm sure someone with experience with that will chime in.

Pardon my lack of clarity. I apparently am unable to verbalize my problem. one more time then I am giving up.

I wish to take a video I shot on the X-Star and post it on this forum so others can view it. If I select from this post dialog box "upload a file" (button to the right of the red one that says post reply, when you reply to this post) I get no options for a video format. they are all single frame formats or pdf or text etc.

What file name extension (file format) do others use to post an x-star video? Yes, I can probably reformat it but to what?

Upload the video to your YouTube (or other) account, then just drop the link in your post.

Reactions: fundy
You cannot upload a video directly to the forum period!!
You need to use youtube or vimeo to upload your videos and post a link to you post. Been that way for ever and ever.
Uploading videos to the forums server will just overload the server and forum.

.mp4 is used for Android, .mov for iOS. Either can be played on a PC, assuming the correct software is installed. Not sure what Youtube, etc. want format-wise as I don't upload videos to the Internet...I'm sure someone with experience with that will chime in.
I have shot video in both MOV and MP4 and after editing and saving, uploaded both mediums to Youtube successfully. I have no idea what Youtube's medium is after it saves the upload but it usually looks very good online, and they offer the user online tools for modification.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials