Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Meet the EVO!!! Autel's new bird!!

I had a feeling that was going to be the case. Not a good way to keep loyal customers by abandoning them after making promises some of us considered when purchasing Autel. o_O
And no more of the promised features the XSP was promised, not a good way to treat the people who supported them. :mad:

And I'm done with Autel. Just like that. I jumped ship. I knew better. Listened to all the bashing of the other product.. new drone every year.. blah blah bla... bad CS bla bla bla. Pumpkin is modular, won't have to upgrade for a while. Argh!!! I'm pissed and done with them, my kid can have it. I'll chalk that one up as a loss.

Might go a long ways toward "mending fences" with their existing customer base to offer something like a $200 "customer loyalty" discount off the EVO to registered XSP owners...

Why in the world would they do that? I bought the XSP last year when they pushed out the info on new cams. Why would I trust them ever again. I feel like I was lied to... from here out I will not by another Autel product based on their promises. In fact it will take a monumental achievement on their part for me to consider purchasing again.

If you are thinking about a Yuneec be sure you check out the operating software and the way it works. I am not a fan.

I ditched mine. I had so many problems with it. Yuneec customer service was great though. Both times I shipped mine back. The third time I just cut bait. XSP is a better platform.

If you think you've been so wronged by Autel, try dealing with DJI. You'll quickly see what it's like to deal with a company that doesn't give two $hits about it's customers...

I have had them all.. I have had 3 iterations of DJI products and never had a CS problem not one. In fact they were the only ones to throw in completely new parts for free on a product that wasn't even in warranty. Not only that but I have only had to send my DJI stuff for repairs on issues that were 100% on me. Yuneec - holy crap. I flew mine a total of 10 times.. by mine I mean my H that had more flights on returns and repairs then I had flying it personally. Autel - has been great but... I only purchased the XSP because I didn't want to keep burning through birds every year. I have flown it a handful of times because I wanted to use it with the new camera they announced. Well poop! Now I have essentially an improved P3p.. great. Can't even use Litchi with it. Like I said.. done with Autel. They had one job. Get me a new cam that was equal to the P4P nope.. fail. So I'm eating this one. Got burned. Won't happen again.

Autel does not take pre orders

That should tell you something.. no way I would drop a dime on vapor ware.

Is that "your photo" or theirs? Not sure what I'm looking at.

Also, I'm likely missing something on the spec of a 7km range. Other than having a stronger/reliable communications channel with the EVO, who can maintain a visual at 4+ miles out?

I can with My Mavic,P3A, P3p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now look who just got into DJI's face, looks like everyone wants in the game.
Frank from CarolinaDronz with the Walkera Peri
View attachment 1799
Walkera... thbbft! No competition to DJI there. :D

s-l1000.jpg

Looks like a Porsche sitting next to a bread truck! In fact, I've wondered in the past if Autel's sleek styling and robust design come out of their Munich facility?
The EVO should look like a newer design, as it is. The Mavic is the pioneer they modeled it after (deja vu), and you will see the new DJI products, that are actually for sale, are also sleeker with curves & smooth lines like with the new Mavic Air for example. And if they do not include a 1" sensor they will be releasing a product that will be inferior to the competition. The Mavic Pro II, rumored to be released in late March, will have a 1" sensor and much more.

No one can see that far with naked eye. Those who fly that far jeopardize having the rest of our's all taken away: WATCH: Private drones cause increasing concern on Capitol Hill Please do not fly beyond the VLOS until it is authorized.
The point for responsible pilots is the stronger connection. My Mavic with Ocusync is incredible! Never a hiccup in the video (@1080p) or control, just superb, nothing else out there can touch it. I personally do not fly BLOS but some people have flown out over open ocean and easily hit the 4-mile mark and beyond. My XSP can be in sight and the video on the screen is all pixelated, very disappointing. If the EVO has something similar it will be a huge upgrade from the WiFi used in the XSP. Also, these products are sold worldwide and not all places have the restrictions North America, etc. has.

I have been over there a bit. I've been looking at the P4s as well, but I really like the idea of a 6 rotor copter.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE