Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My 2nd XSP flight

eyeman56

Reaction score
It was supposed to rain today but didn't. So I took my drone out for a spin in my backyard. I wanted to practice turning while yawing and forward and back. Plus, I wan't to try out the updated Mac IOS with my new ipad mini4. All went well. I learned that I can go close to tree tips and not panic as I saw my pumpkin just start to get tangled up on the many fine branches. I reacted quick enough so to prevent a mishap from getting worse. I had the camera set to 4K, I'll see how the video looks. No error messages of any kind so thanks to Apple for fixing this update. I took off and landed twice without auto land. I know I could hit the pause button to cancel the function but I landed with 30% battery. I adjusted the gimbal while flying around at 10-25 feet. I also made the gimbal 90 degrees when landing, not pointed down. The sunshade for the ipad mini works well.
When I tried to unlock the props, they were stuck...so I used the provided prop tool to loosen them. All these lessons in 20 minutes flight time.
Can't wait till the snow melts on Long Island, NY.

Reactions: Cider Boy
That is a great way to get to know your bird. Practice makes perfect!! Or in my case, just a little better than I used to be lol.

Nice report. It would be good to see your close encounter with the trees ..(if possible) ?

Regards,
Cider Boy.

Nice description of your 2nd flight, glad ya didn't get in the trees! I've been doing something similar, I'm in MN and it's been too cold to fly but when I get really frustrated with the temps I just go out and fly anyway! Not long mind you, 10-15 minutes and my hands are done, I've been doing figure eight's away from and towards me for practice. So far so good, can't wait for it to warm up c'mon spring!

Every flight gets better and better, and amazingly, we continue to learn new things; even after many flights. I still haven't played with the Orbit or Follow Me modes.

Every flight gets better and better, and amazingly, we continue to learn new things; even after many flights. I still haven't played with the Orbit or Follow Me modes.

I’ve been reading that other than the orbit, the two other modes get you in trouble. Let’s go warm weather

I’ve been reading that other than the orbit, the two other modes get you in trouble. Let’s go warm weather
And, we don't want trouble; especially when everything else is working so great!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183