Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need help!!

Bace14

Reaction score
Hey all I received my brand new X-Star Premium today...woot
BUT, battery light is staying on with 1 led lit and no way to turn it off to charge! Tried charging it for an hour now with it on and no change. How can I get around this. Been reading but I see nothing.
I just want to hear it roar! Lol
Thanks in advance

Try holding the power button in for around 12-15 seconds or longer. This is a reset and might turn yours off. Try it with the charger unplugged and if that don't work try it with the charger plugged in. If the light starts to blink it means it is taking a charge.

Try holding the power button in for around 12-15 seconds or longer. This is a reset and might turn yours off. Try it with the charger unplugged and if that don't work try it with the charger plugged in. If the light starts to blink it means it is taking a charge.
I tried both ways you said to do, and it blinks then right back to power button on and 1 led lit.

DON'T put a bad battery into the drone. The low voltage can goof up the processor.

Thanks guys.
Right away after what Agustine suggested didn't work I got Jack from Autel to get the battery off, but can't charge the battery at all. He thinks it sat in the drone too long and deid out the cells, hence the power light on but just 1 led.
Bad thing is I brought this through a private party who never used this when they bought it in October 2017. All brand new, factory seals in place and plastic body covers etc.
Autel won't replace for me! I get I don't have the proof of purchase, working on that, but really! They shipped and sold it that way!
I'm not gonna let it kill my thoughts on this product, but it would be nice to send me a replacement after I went and paid for 2 more batteries from them after our chat!

DON'T put a bad battery into the drone. The low voltage can goof up the processor.
And you got this info from where? Please post a article on just how a low battery will goof up a processor. We all want to learn. I have been using lipos for over 4 years now in my RC toys and never have I heard of a low battery voltage goofing up a processor so please explain.

Thanks guys.
Right away after what Agustine suggested didn't work I got Jack from Autel to get the battery off, but can't charge the battery at all. He thinks it sat in the drone too long and deid out the cells, hence the power light on but just 1 led.
Bad thing is I brought this through a private party who never used this when they bought it in October 2017. All brand new, factory seals in place and plastic body covers etc.
Autel won't replace for me! I get I don't have the proof of purchase, working on that, but really! They shipped and sold it that way!
I'm not gonna let it kill my thoughts on this product, but it would be nice to send me a replacement after I went and paid for 2 more batteries from them after our chat!
Most manufacturers limit batteries by both 'number of charges' or six months.

A processor can be damaged by a defective battery. It depends on the device and how much low-voltage protection was designed and built into the circuitry.
Here is a representative article:
Can low power damage components?
Also, when I say 'goof up', I don't mean that a low battery will necessary destroy a processor. However, it can negatively affect the processor, which can result in the failure of a device. In fact, there have been a few instances in which low battery conditions in DJI products have caused the product to act erratically. At first, I thought that Autel was overly conservative to create a 'low battery' condition at 25% and send the aircraft home. But, when everything is considered, (including the effects of current when voltage is dropped), 25% becomes a very reasonable figure.

A processor can be damaged by a defective battery. It depends on the device and how much low-voltage protection was designed and built into the circuitry.
Here is a representative article:
Can low power damage components?
Also, when I say 'goof up', I don't mean that a low battery will necessary destroy a processor. However, it can negatively affect the processor, which can result in the failure of a device. In fact, there have been a few instances in which low battery conditions in DJI products have caused the product to act erratically. At first, I thought that Autel was overly conservative to create a 'low battery' condition at 25% and send the aircraft home. But, when everything is considered, (including the effects of current when voltage is dropped), 25% becomes a very reasonable figure.
25% is a fairly common RTH setting in this type of RC aircraft.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d