Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Addition To The Family

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Ended up going with the Anafi. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the EVO. For its small size it feels pretty solid in your hand. Time will tell. I have 15 days to return it to Parrot if I don't like it.
Now for the charging and reading of the manual. ;)

20180714_181347.jpg

Did you buy it directly from Parrot? As far as I can tell, the bell missing is the obstacle avoidance.

I'm holding out until Monday, hoping for a prime day or best buy deal because of prime day.

Stopped by Bestbuy and they had one in stock so I scoped it up. Asked about spare batteries, the nice young lad said sure we have lots of spare DJI batteries, how many did I want LOL
I told him it was just fine the way it was and went to the check out :)
Dumbass kids

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I have to say this is not a very user friendly setup. I have setup a few UAV's over the last 4-5 years and this one I had to sit back and have a beer to settle my nerves LOL
My brand new Android phone did not want to play nice with it so I used my Android tablet to get it all updated. First attempt to update firmware just hung there. Should have taken at the most 4-5 minutes. Shut everything down again and redid it, this time it went pretty fast. After a fast flight and sitting in the living room I gave my phone another go. As soon as it booted up it connected to my phone. No idea what was different but it now works with my phone and tablet. I will need the extension to use the tablet so I will order them sometime next week.

Cool, VERY interested in your analysis of the Anafi vs XSP. Especially it’s durabily, recoverability, flyability, hell, give us everything:)

This thing is like learning a new language. Everything is in meters, no option to change to imperial. Although the App seems pretty easy to use I still have to remember where everything is. This thing is very small and that also takes some getting used to. It is quiet but it still sounds like a bunch of angry bees up close :)

Sunrise from this morning

IuUpRx3.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind. Because I am interested in this machine I took your image into elements and used the dehaze filter on it. It removes the digital haze. That made a very nice photo. Looking forward to more.

Attachments

• IuUpRx3-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I hope you don't mind. Because I am interested in this machine I took your image into elements and used the dehaze filter on it. It removes the digital haze. That made a very nice photo. Looking forward to more.

I don't mind at all LOL
Wish there was a tool to wipe the morning haze off this old body as well :)

Trying to understand how this waypoint mission planner works. It actually has a lot of options for each waypoint, how fast it travels to each waypoint can be changed to a different value, the camea angle and which direction you want the camera to be facing. Also if you want video or a photo taken. Lots to test and the hard part remembering just how I did it in the first place.

Had a old camera bag so I used it to keep the TX inside and used the straps on the back of the Anafi case to attach it to the camera bag. Work perfect. Good for hiking or just walking around.

10bok9M.jpg

IEmiXXu.jpg

Pretty windy out right now so I decided to play around with some of the installed filters in photoshop and the DNG pictures I took this morning.

BhnxPHm.jpg

This thing is like learning a new language. Everything is in meters, no option to change to imperial.

Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

The metric interface is one thing holding me back right now. Hoping for updates. Also, the fact of having to pay for more options is a little aggravating. But I can understand the logic. One video showed several programmed camera moves (?) that would be very helpful while you fly the bird. Will have to investigate more...

This thing is like learning a new language. Everything is in meters, no option to change to imperial. Although the App seems pretty easy to use I still have to remember where everything is. This thing is very small and that also takes some getting used to. It is quiet but it still sounds like a bunch of angry bees up close :)

Sunrise from this morning

IuUpRx3.jpg
Dont y'all speak Metric up in Canada? If not, I'm driving waaaaaaaay too slow when I cross the border.. I just assumed that 90 and 100 meant kph, not mph ;p

Metric came in when I was all done about learning to measure, I had to use it at work and for measurements it is great but I was to far gone on the imperial side to change over completely :)

It has no NFZ restrictions but the highest you can fly up is 400 feet from the point of take off. If using follow me that does not apply.
Still trying to figure this thing out. SO far liking it but it is dam small thats for sure. Hard to believe it is rated up to 30 MPH winds :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy