Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel owner, but Drone No work

RADDBUS

Reaction score
Hello all, well I'm new to Autel, been looking at them for some time, purchased the X-Star Premium and it arrived on Wed. Charged up the controller and drone on th Thursday. So Friday comes around, work is slow so I take half the day off. I get home to try out my new toy. Read all the booklet and began the set up process. Well, with much failure, I couldn't get video to work. Called CS at Autel, recieved a call back in less than an hour. So we spoke for sometime. Did this and that but no luck either. So I'm forced to have to send it back and the decide weather a refund or replacement. Plz, any input would be nice.
I have been flying drone for almost 2 years, 3 YUNEEC 4K & G. A little discouraged with my first experience with Autel. CS is Great, I mean a call back in less than a hour was awesome but if the product can't live up to what they say the first time out of the box?

Hi Rad
Sorry to hear about that.
What tablet or phone are you using?
Have you tried a different mini usb cable?
With the power off remove and reinstall the camera, sometimes the contacts just don't line up. Just don't remove it with it powered on or its game over.

We were not able to get the controller to get video signal. The tablet/phone wasn't ever hooked up yet, per Jason w/.CA. keep saying Video Signal Disconnected.

Hmmmm, try the camera removal thing like I mentioned. Even use a Qtip with rubbing alcohol to clean them. Like I said make sure power is off before doing this.

I have to say that Jason with CS @ Autel called me back with my issue, we were not able to get it to work. Jason said to have Carolina Dronez exchange it. Waiting to hear back from Frank.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.

Sorry to hear about your first go round. They will make it right.

Enjoy!

Well is Saturday, no call back for Frank yet :(, Web site says out of stock as well. :mad: im bummed, beautiful weekend to try out the new drone & can't. So I'll just take out the Tyhoons & fly tell I get my replacement. I'll keep everyone posted. Hope to get a replacement before I travel to Florida In a couple weeks. Wants to try the X-Star

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopefulfisherman
Real sorry for your first experience with Autel buddy.
I am really surprised at Autel not starting a ticket and sending your broken quad into them.
I live in Canada and the first thing I asked Autel was who covers warranty problems and they said they did and not the dealer. That was a good thing as I live in Ontario and where I bought my quad is in Manitoba.

**Update** After speaking with Frank @ CD & Autel, my drone is on its way home to the factort to be looked at & a new replacement will be sent. We'll see how round 2 goes. So far, I'm discouraged but hopeful.

We were not able to get the controller to get video signal. The tablet/phone wasn't ever hooked up yet, per Jason w/.CA. keep saying Video Signal Disconnected.
iv talked to Jason hes super helpful i had a faulty battery when i got mine they replaced it with overnight shipping. These things are soo complicated and advanced thats its not a surprise that once in awhile something will go wrong

**Update** Autel has recieved my drone back and have sent a new one, should be here on Thursday. Can't wait.

**UPDATE** I received my New X-Star Premium on Thursday and charged up the batteries & controller. Once fully charges the tests began. I hooked up my old cell phone, Galaxy S4, turned on the controller, then the drone. Video link was established without any trouble. Further tested video on my IPad Air 2, Galaxy S8+, all worked perfect. Now time to fly. Took her out and she fly great. I see now about the Yaw problem everyone is talking about, should I Update the firmware? Also, a little disappointed that I would get video lose at only 1000 ft, now it may be my antenna placement, still learning that. I know it must be in the default settings that I haven't investigated yet but when she gets the low battery, it automatically kicked in to RTH. I was not use to this with my Yuneec drones. When I got the warning, I was going to bring it in closer but the stick were unresponsive but to RTH. I will have to see what I can do about this but over all, so far, it's a nice machine. Will take her out tomorrow for some more learning.

**UPDATE** I received my New X-Star Premium on Thursday and charged up the batteries & controller. Once fully charges the tests began. I hooked up my old cell phone, Galaxy S4, turned on the controller, then the drone. Video link was established without any trouble. Further tested video on my IPad Air 2, Galaxy S8+, all worked perfect. Now time to fly. Took her out and she fly great. I see now about the Yaw problem everyone is talking about, should I Update the firmware? Also, a little disappointed that I would get video lose at only 1000 ft, now it may be my antenna placement, still learning that. I know it must be in the default settings that I haven't investigated yet but when she gets the low battery, it automatically kicked in to RTH. I was not use to this with my Yuneec drones. When I got the warning, I was going to bring it in closer but the stick were unresponsive but to RTH. I will have to see what I can do about this but over all, so far, it's a nice machine. Will take her out tomorrow for some more learning.

Hi Rad
Glad you finally got the XSP out for a test run. With all the improvements of the new firmware I personally think it is worth it but as you know the final decision is yours to make. NFZ bug removed, moare stable flight control because of the Starpoint working now and being able to control the Yaw is what I really like about it. Oh and the zoom feature is pretty cool also :)

As for your connection problem it just might go away with the update or stay the same. A lot of people swear by the IPad air 2 as one of the better tablets to use. Here is a good video on antenna positioning for future reference.

Thanks Agustine for that video, really helps.
So after yesterday's flight with an IPod Air 2 with only Wi-Fi, I had noticed I had no map use, it seems that followme/Orbit/waypoints will not work if you don't have data on your device. Not a problem for my first flights. Really impressed with battery life, I'm getting about 24-25 min of flight. Little guy flys fast. I had noticed the props are quit loud.
So today I took our newest IPod Air with data to test things out. Drove about 45 east due to no sunshine and got to a great spot but.....NO Service, so I'm really bummed but what can you do but choose a new spot. By this time the sun is shining back towards home so I choose a location that I have cell service.
I took her up, did some tests with Follow Me/ Orbit/Waypoints, all worked great. Decided to see how far she will go. All I can say is WOW, just over 1 mile with no glitches at all. Video was clear without any trouble. Now at half a mile, don't care what color your drone may be, it's a small speck in the sky, I could see it but don't dare look down at the controller, you'll loose it. At a mile, no way could I see it. At this time I have brought is back & I get the low battery warnings and I finally see the pop up window on the left side that asked to cancel RTH, cool, pressed the button & regained controll & brought her home. Used up both my batteries with about 50ish minutes of flight. Really liking the new machine. I will be taking it with me to Florida on Tuesday & hope I get some time to fly there.
So much more I could say but need to get something done around the house B4 I have to leave, until Nxt time.
Russell
aka RADDBUS

Last edited:
Hey Rad glad you had a blast. Here is a video that will solve your map problem in the future. If I was you when you start getting down to 40-35% battery have it close to home as sometimes these batteries will drop voltage for no good reason and if you are to far out you are done for.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials