Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New battery ...

Jegs

Reaction score
Hi all, just got another battery, brand new from Best Buy. Do I have to do anything with it before I fly besides charge it?

If you have down loaded the new firmware to your drone you will have to do you battery too.
Here is a link,
or if you like this one,

I haven't upgraded any firmware since I got it, it flies perfect with the battery that came with it. If it doesn't have the same firmware as the bird will it tell me? Separate question here, I read that when you auto take off it's supposed to go to 12 ft, mine goes about 4 ft. on take off. I've flown it 5 or 6 times and it's the same everytime, I don't mind.

Batteries do not get updated as far as I know from bestbuy.
You might want to talk to someone from CS about it. If you don't plan on updating firmware I would make sure the battery is not updated.

But it in and check the firmware numbers. If it is below V6.07 you should be good to go. This picture is from the battery update beta firmware.
22730571_10159574597015241_7506098304145009234_n.jpg

My last update was in August with V2.0.1, & everything has be flying fine.
It was my understanding that the batteries no longer needed updates.
Was I wrong again?

Jegs,
The 4 foot take off is the normal height since Autel updated its firmware.

Hit the little gear Icon, last tab on top right and scroll down and you should see Firmware version.Tap that. You need to be connected to the XSP to get the numbers to show.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
I haven't upgraded any firmware since I got it, it flies perfect with the battery that came with it. If it doesn't have the same firmware as the bird will it tell me? Separate question here, I read that when you auto take off it's supposed to go to 12 ft, mine goes about 4 ft. on take off. I've flown it 5 or 6 times and it's the same everytime, I don't mind.
When I got my bird it was not upgraded either, I flew it a few times and it flew just fine, but here is what I didn't like, it didn't use enough power to change directions or stop, it would just coast for WAY to long after you made your input to the controller, this to me is not something I was use to, I much prefer a more responsive bird and I felt that the lag would come back bit me in butt and darn near did. I also feel that it fly's much more stable and take off and landings are much better. (NOTE) I use a Amazon Fire HD10 tablet that I was able to figure out how to download Android apps with out any software problems at all, I have access to all of google play store apps, I love in fact. I have read on these forums that some folks are experiencing problems with IOS or apple devices after the upgrade. Check out posts on the forums here about that.

Augustine,
I couldn't find that page. What do I need to click?
But it in and check the firmware numbers. If it is below V6.07 you should be good to go. This picture is from the battery update beta firmware.
View attachment 1879
Thanks Agustine. With your help I found firmware records & the Battery is firmware version V6.07. I assume then that is incompatible with my V2.0.1 update?

LOL
Heck I don't remember when they did the battery update on the beta firmware but I think it was on the very first one and no other battery updates were needed after that. :)

Reactions: fundy and KentA
New update sets au t o takeoff to 4 ft.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58