Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New beta firmware v2.0.12 is available

Ok; I flew thru another battery after work yesterday, and I'm seeing no video stuttering. Yay!! I can finally start showing people video from my XSP again!

In fact, I was so happy with the video, that I took the time to edit and post my flight last night. Here ya go:

Again, I need to maybe experiment a bit with exp to soften the beginning/end of quicker yaw movements, but overall I'm very pleased.

Whew!

I'd say to Autel: nail this version down as the final version, and get to work on releasing the SDK so we can use Drone Deploy or some other "all in one" solution ASAP.

Woo Hoo!!

OK it would seem my post got closed down. At the time of posting even after doing a search this post did not come up.
I would like to add to the very first post users are reminded to do a compass calibration. This comes right from the coding team.
I found that I had to do 5 or 6 calibrations before one passed.

Thanks for posting your video WildDoktor

Looks like a lot better.

Last edited:
Thanks Agustine; yeah, I did 3 compass calibrations (all 3 completed successfully) with the 2.0.8 fw and still got the herky-jerky yaw. I'm so glad that's no longer an issue!!

Well went out this morning to test my orbit and still very jerky. Did a compass calibration beforehand and set up a new POI and flew that. Then did a airplane POI and flew that. Both are very jerky. At one point I thought the quad was going to stop turning thats how bad it was.

ugh...that's terrible!! :( What is your exp set to?

Why is it so hard to make this work for everybody, Autel?? I was told that there are 50 people in China working on this firmware; this just isn't acceptable. Yet...we have to accept it because there's nothing we can do about it.

So sad...

Went out again this morning. Zero wind and did two orbits. Both looked very smooth. Like I think you said the start and stops can be a tad smoother but other then that the rest lookk just fine. Yesterdays wind was 13 MPH with gusts up to 24 MPH so now I am thinking the xstar was fighting the wind which cause for the jerky orbit. noidea.gif

I have a video uploading and will post it later for your opinions :)

Depending on which device I watch it on depends on how smooth it is. Just wstch it on my phone and I could see lots of jerky moves. :(

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Those weren't "orbits", correct? Just yaw from a fixed point in space. Comes across as very smooth and for the most part the same speed all they way around, which is better than it was with the 1.x.x fw for sure. You should try a POI orbit around that bridge and see how it turns out...might look pretty cool!

Maybe I'm missing the point. If I view my videos straight from the SD they are jerky. If I edit and save them and then view them using Windows Media Player they are smooth as glass.

I misstated that. If I save them onto my computer in a folder, then open them for viewing they are jerky. If I then process them using Movie Maker and save them, they are smooth. No clue why. :)

Not sure that's the case with the OP.

I misstated that. If I save them onto my computer in a folder, then open them for viewing they are jerky. If I then process them using Movie Maker and save them, they are smooth. No clue why. :)

One possible reason might be when it gets saved from your video editor it is in a format that plays better on your computer.
If you want give this player a try on a unedited video and see if it plays nice and smooth.
Home · MPC-HC

When did this come out?
On the 16th of Oct.

Are you filming in 4k? Movie Maker can only output HD; your computer would handle the lower rez final product much better...

Sent using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials