Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Think I'll wait a few days since I'm not going to be using the XSP and wait for feedback.
Looking forward to hearing all your results.
So I am confused. This is still Beta? , but a newer version?

Wonder what this does.
Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff.

Agreed. I wish they would add comments to updates so you know exactly what it does.

I was told in case the sonar fails, it will not take off into the air. I guess it does a check before it takes off.
Thanks for the info Agustine!! That sounds like a useful feature.

Normex, Your Marco Polo idea sounds great so I started looking into it but found this on Amazon under the questions section . Please let us know if this is still the case as this was posted back in March.
"Question:
can this unit be used on other drones by switching transmittor
Answer:
the beacons will work properly with all drones except the autel x star premium as far as I my experience goes. You don't have to change the receiver or the beacons. They are made to work together. They worked the way they should have worked. They were just fine. They just don't work with my x star premium. Most drones and RC equipment work on 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz to communicate. The x star communicates on the 900mhz frequencies and the Marco Polo does too. The Marco Polo will work just fine will all others. see less
I remember a discussion on this someplace. Searched here and did not find anything, might have been facebook but in the end the Marco Polo was not a problem as it really did not send out a signal till you needed it from what I remember.
I do question the 2 mile range. If it runs on 900Mgz like our quads not many of us get 2 mile range LOL

By walter williams on March 30, 2017

I don't think the Amazon person knows enough to comment, first when we think of using the tracker the XSP would be down so no interference there, " Marco Polo only transmits when you activate search mode from the handheld locator" as far as the range it said to be the maximum range and I don't think you would compare the Marco Polo with the XSP I am quite certain of that but I will call them and see their response. On another note its funny the Marco Polo people say it works on radio signal frequency which is impervious of being behind trees and or tall grass, we cannot say the same of our XSP . Also Amazon sells them at $219.00 which the transmitter is not water proof, I bought the advanced transmitter claiming to be water proof for 2 ft maximum underwater and I paid $234.00 for this option.

Thanks All and I will report back

Is this not good enough? What do I do after a crash? | Autel Robotics
There is a video of this somewhere too that shows how to locate it from the google maps on your viewer and trajectory but I'm too occupied to look for it at the moment. It seems easy to use.

Last edited:
I don't think the Amazon person knows enough to comment, first when we think of using the tracker the XSP would be down so no interference there, " Marco Polo only transmits when you activate search mode from the handheld locator" as far as the range it said to be the maximum range and I don't think you would compare the Marco Polo with the XSP I am quite certain of that but I will call them and see their response. Also Amazon sells them at $219.00 which the transmitter is not water proof, I bought the advanced transmitter claiming to be water proof for 2 ft maximum underwater and I paid $234.00 for this option

Ok wrote to Marco Polo President and here his response :

Norm,

Here is the situation:

The Marco Polo tracking system will not interfere with any drone while you are flying because it does not transmit any RF energy when the tag transceiver is turned on but not being tracked by the handheld locator. If you crash and the video transmitter on your Autel drone remains operational then that transmitter can interfere with the receiver in the Marco Polo tag. So, in essence, the drone is interfering with Marco Polo, not the other way around. What this means is that you may not be able to access the tag transceiver for whatever period of time the video transmitter continues to transmit. How long that is obviously depends on the battery charge level at the time of the crash. Often in a more severe crash the drone’s battery becomes detached and all transmissions cease on impact but that is not always the case. I usually advise people who might be in this situation to go have a couple beers, lunch, whatever, and then go back to collect the errant drone.

If you read the section in your operators manual titled “Notes on Radio Frequencies” it describes this possible situation in detail. Ironically, that was written years before there was an Autel product on the market.

Regards,

Tim Crabtree

President

Eureka Technology Partners, LLC

I am satisfied with this response as the XSP battery won't last long and the Marco Polo autonomy is around 15 days.

Is this not good enough? What do I do after a crash? | Autel Robotics
There is a video of this somewhere too that shows how to locate it from the google maps on your viewer and trajectory but I'm too occupied to look for it at the moment. It seems easy to use.

Perhaps Tufargon but the Marco Polo will bring you to within inches of the lost drone.

regards,

Norm

Reactions: KentA
I would do a test run. You do not have to have actually crash. Just go to a football field and leave the X-Star at one end turned on and connected to the controller transmitting video. Go to the other end of the field and see if the Marco Polo will show the the right way to go. Simple little test.

I would do a test run. You do not have to have actually crash. Just go to a football field and leave the X-Star at one end turned on and connected to the controller transmitting video. Go to the other end of the field and see if the Marco Polo will show the the right way to go. Simple little test.

I agree wholeheartedly Agustine as this is my intention but I have yet to receive it yet :)0
When using the 900 mgz band does this means it uses the whole spectrum or just like 952 mgz
and the XSP might be using the 925mgz ?
Btw sorry for the highjacking as I can create a thread on itself alone.

Last edited:
Its probably like anything else. You and I can fly side by side and not affect each other. Guess only a test will tell us more.

Wait...wasn't this thread about the latest firmware? :D

I got around to loading 2.0.8 last night and flew thru a battery...oh Joy! I literally found nothing wrong with it. Now I actually *want* to fly again, but won't be able to until tomorrow night, unfortunately!

So true WildDoktor and very glad the latest Beta works that good, you're safe for now on this thread as I'm waiting to receive it which I have yet to see anything on the tracking shipment and I'm in Canada so could be a while.:)

Others:
Please tell of your experience with 2.08. I am receiving a replacement XSP soon and would like to know if I should update to 2.08.
Thanks

I have had 3 flights on 2.0.8 and for me it is no different then 2.0.1.
I never had the gimbal yaw snap, never had the tilted horizon. Do not use auto take off or waypoints so its the same thing as far as I'm concerned LOL

The first released beta fw (2.0.0 I think?) gave me the NFZ warnings. 2.0.1 got rid of those, but broke my camera settings and the gimble tilt angle indicator. 2.0.8 now just works! Did an auto takeoff just for grins and it work fine; did 3 normal "land" landings (I usually catch) with absolutely no issues. I'm dying to try out the new waypoint system!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy