Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Could someone please clear this up for me? Agustine wrote, "Even the two main beta testers are pissed that this firmware 2.0.8 got out for public testing...". I can go to the Autel site and download and install 2.0.8, as can anyone that has legitimately purchased the product. I'm confused why the two "main testers" are upset, when anyone that has purchased the product can get 2.0.8?

I'm clearly confused what I should and should not install?

Welcome the World of Firmware Updates.

I don't think there are any you should avoid. Improvements will continue to be made. Each time there is an update, download it. If that's not something you are comfortable with then stick with whatever edition you currently have.

I don't like the fact that there are updates offered without complete testing to eliminate minor problems. I've simply accepted this as the way things are done. I believe the owners (us) are doing R&D for Autel. I don't see that changing. :(

Reactions: Rawdog
Not so much who is pissed, but why?

We the public are not the first ones who get to get to test the beta first. There are 5 beta testers that get the firmware first, they test it for a week or two and if they above all agree it is fine for public testing then we get it.
This time around Autel never listened to the 5 beta testers and the firmware went to public beta testing even after they told Autel about the problem.

Firmware Beta Download | Autel Robotics

What’s New:

1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed.
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available.
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal.
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals).
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft landing will kick in while landing.
  6. No more IMU warm-up time.
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m.
  8. 99 waypoints.
  9. Digital zoom is available.
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action.
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode.
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature.
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery.
  14. Gimbal snap issue fix (Based on 2.0.1)
  15. Tilted horizon issue optimized (Based on 2.0.1)
  16. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  17. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points (Based on 2.0.1)
down Load LINK ?

Reactions: Rawdog
I finally had a chance to fly thru a whole battery on 2.0.8 today. I had a couple issues that I just emailed to support:

1. I was coming in to land with 5 minutes and 26% showing, and at 9ft (nearly there; was walking out to hand catch it). Then the percentage went to 25%, the app said "Low Battery Warning, Aircraft Going Home", and the xsp shot up to 37'. At that point numbers instantly went down to 1 minute and 8% and a warning popped up "Aircraft Forced to land. To pause landing, push the Ascent stick." I let it go ahead and auto land since it was right above where I wanted to hand catch it, and it landed fine. I inspected the battery afterwards, and it looks a bit puffy.

2. I'm looking at the video that I took during the flight, both from the camera and a screen recording from my Samsung Note 5 phone. I noticed the whole time I was flying that the app's display seemed to be slightly stuttering. Then I looked at the video from the XSP camera, and I notice the same stuttering. It's more pronounced during yaw maneuvers, where sometimes the video is almost blurry.

I'll let you know what they say...

I originally had problems with the new firmware. The app kept giving an SD card warning concerning slow data write speeds. I did a hard format on the computer and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the reminder...I haven't formatted my sd card for a month or so; I'll have to give that a try. Again. :)

Got a reply from support just now.

1. sounds like that battery may need to be replaced; need to get them a screenshot of the battery status menu.
2. "That is actually a known bug that we are working on fixing with the next update. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention as well, so that we cover all of our bases."

I'll try formatting the sd card anyway, but...looks like a no-go for use with paying customers thru yet another FW version. :-(

Got a reply from support just now.

1. sounds like that battery may need to be replaced; need to get them a screenshot of the battery status menu.
2. "That is actually a known bug that we are working on fixing with the next update. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention as well, so that we cover all of our bases."

I'll try formatting the sd card anyway, but...looks like a no-go for use with paying customers thru yet another FW version. :-(

Crap..I was afraid they already knew about the SD card thing...it was the first issue I noticed after loading 2.0.8. my worst fears realized.....card corruption after a difficult real estate shoot.

Crap..I was afraid they already knew about the SD card thing...it was the first issue I noticed after loading 2.0.8. my worst fears realized.....card corruption after a difficult real estate shoot.
...and BTW I also noticed gimbal issues which sound a helluva lot like the issue you noticed in your vid.

You need to do the format on your PC, doing it through the app won't work. You should do a full format, not a quick format.

Reactions: yrless
Good advice joshmentele
Had the card corruption issue after upgrading to 2.0.8
Moved the files off the card, reformatted on the PC put the files back and they all play again.

Thanks

Agree 100 % on your beta observation Airmet Tango....I also saw the commercial service-related warning and wondered about the insurance component myself . At the moment it's all academic for me which I'll explain later but....I did some more testing on 208 today...my main focus is to understand whether the new expo setting is used inside the auto-orbit algorithm..I ran 2 flights with 2 different expo's to see if the V113 jerky yaw response could be removed in V208...I'm still analyzing the vids but it seems that a high expo setting around 7 produces better yaw results in orbit than a lower setting of 3....I'll post the links to the vids so you can have a look and decide...so either expo is in fact coupled to orbit mode (and a higher setting provides quicker yaw response) or perhaps flight conditions were a bit better on the second attempt which made the video just appear smoother. For commercial guys auto orbit is super important as you know....who wants to perform a manual orbit of a property when you're trying to adjust camera angle, exposure and aircraft speed at the same time...crazy! You gotta have a good smooth orbit function! BTW I emailed CS about the expo-orbit thing but haven't received a reply yet.
One other issue I wanted to eliminate through a FW update was the video and control signal loss bug that lots of us suffer from... unfortunately today that only seemed to get worse for me so I packed up the unit and shipped it back to Autel with an RMA...kinda thinking it's an RF board issue because both freq bands failed....so for now yeah it's academics for me ☹️ Now I gotta figure out how to get some replacement equipment for 3 weeks..arghhh! Anyway, have a look at these links and tell me what you think..cheers! Art.

EXP3.mp4

EXP7.mp4

Heard back from Autel on my warranty request....loss of signal issue confirmed...faulty 900MHz antenna....looking forward to getting it back here and doing more tests :D

Reactions: WildDoktor

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga