Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Model Release?

jbeyer
Don't know if this helps much but I just received, today, a reply regarding your question. I said I wanted to buy another Autel but wanted to know if a newer model was forthcoming. The reply was:
"We don't have a set timeline for new products. I do know that several are in development. We are also planning on being at CES this year, so I would be surprised if we did not have something before then, otherwise it would not make sense to go".

I think they really need to have something for this Christmas buying season. The electronics industry does a huge amount of business during the Christmas buying season and not having anything from CES 2017 ready to go before CES 2018 is unthinkable. It doesn't take an entire corpoaration 9 months to put out a software upgrade. I am betting there is something in the wind n the next 30-45 days.

Hello all. I'm new to pro drones but not the platform altogether as my son has a few of the cheap toys.

I just wanted to chime in, especially with an R&D guy peeking in every so often and figured this is a good thread to throw my $0.02 into the fray.

Everybody wants the best for their money. I know I'm not special. But in my research, I keep seeing one phrase that is common for Autel products. "You get the best for your money/at this price point." That is great and all. I get it. But if $800 is crashing into the ground, why not spend $1500 and get a drone with fewer issues? Yes, I know DJI is not perfect, the Mavic is having "Fly-off" issues which I find totally unacceptable.

I don't want to go DJI. For basically the same reasons Apple doesn't appeal to me. But I want to buy ONE drone, Once. I'm confident in my being able to fly it properly, but I can't tolerate all that money crashing and burning because of an internal error. Granted Autel CS seems to be their best asset. But that is a not a ringing endorsement when CS is needed because of so much error.

I'm on the fence with buying a drone and am leaning to a P4P, but I really want to support Autel and buy an Autel product. The Orange XSP was very much at the top of my list until I scoured the internet forums of both companies and watching many YT vids. I'm praying a new model in the mould of the XSP comes out and soon. If DJI has a black Friday P4P deal that is irresistible I may jump on it. (really don't want to though)

Let me reiterate. I believe in Autel. I can tell the work is being put in and they value their customers. That speaks volumes. But I can't afford multiple drone purchases. And I don't want "best at it's price point" quality. I want reliability paramount to premium features, and then premium features dictating price point levels.

As a customer hesitant to drop large money on an iffy platform, these are issues I'd like to see in a "New Model" and wouldn't mind paying extra for. For $800, I'd rather spend a bit more for piece-of-mind.

1) Better orbit stability
2) Less choppy video (seems like a fps issueon some YT footage)
3) Better connectivity between RC and Quad. (this issue really scares me, a number of disconnects I'm seeing on owner vids)
4) More range. (1 mile of "safe" flight isn't really that much, especially when capturing the landscape I live near)

I think Version 2.XX of Starlink is huge. Updates for bug fixes go like this, Version 2.0, Version 2.3, Version 2.8. Going from Version 1.XX to 2.XX is the "Oh My" part of this equation. For example, Windows gives you updates all the time but it takes a year or more to go from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and when that happens it is because there is a whole new set of functionality that is coming out. Correspondingly they always indicate what the minimum hardware configuration you need. When the whole number changes there is a lot more going on then just bug fixes. Also, software comes before the hardware. You don't see vendors putting hardware functionality on their devices that don't have the software to make it work. I believe a new drone is around the corner before CES 2018 and version 2.XX is the tell tale sign.

Reactions: JR Videography
No just the Flir camera might and I say might show its face by then. Of course by then there will be a ton of better options that Autel will never catch up too. :(

No just the Flir camera might and I say might show its face by then. Of course by then there will be a ton of better options that Autel will never catch up too. :(
I don't think Autel will never catch up. If they can release the Premium 2.0 that they showed at CES 2017 with the 1" sensor, retractable landing gear, and the sweet controller I think they will be just ahead of the pack for awhile in the prosumer level. Once they release the modules or the new bird I bet their sales will increase a lot and they will be back in the game. I just hope they have something new on store shelves by the beginning of November.

I for one do not think Autel needs to "catch up" to any other drones...i see all drones as individual with each one having positive and negative aspects. i see The others needing to "catch down" to Autel' s price point for features included and what's in the box. You can pay twice the money for a drone, and twice the price for accessories and batteries...the chances of your drone dropping out of the sky from 300 feet is no better odds than any other in reality...its always a risk, a risk you accept by buying in and flying. So buy what you want and can afford in the long run, replacement batteries, accessories, etc. And have fun flying it!!!

By the time CES 2018 gets here the current X-Star premium with its features will be a good $500 plus change drone. Remember, the X-Star Premium is 18 months old. In cell phone technology that's two generations of improvements. There is a new Autel drone on the horizon and I can almost see it...

By the time CES 2018 gets here the current X-Star premium with its features will be a good $500 plus change drone. Remember, the X-Star Premium is 18 months old. In cell phone technology that's two generations of improvements. There is a new Autel drone on the horizon and I can almost see it...

kestrel (CES 2017) WAS the quantum system TRON...which is available commercially Welcome to Quantum-Systems - Just Fly the most efficient VTOL UAVs

Their new smaller TRON is also taking orders. i asked quantum what their relationship was with Autel, they said Autel was interested in partnering, but backed out months ago. There is no longer a relationship.

here is the email exchange...
On Oct 6, 2017 12:26 PM, "Martin Herkommer" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
We did build and and development for them. We stopped any cooperation.
They just have old models version 2016.
We did a lot improvements on ours.
Cheers
Martin

Art Ostaszewski <[email protected]> schrieb am Fr. 6. Okt. 2017 um 17:54:
hi, what is your relationship to Autel and their Kestrel model? do you build for them or do they build for you? thanks...AO

Well I noticed this was kinda of an old post, however I would like to add something or I guess more of a question. I watched the CES 2017 video, I seen they showed us a clip of whats coming out, and I seen the remote. Wondering has anyone heard if indeed they were to release that remote, would it be able to be used on our current XSP? Has anyone heard anything on it?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays