Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not sure what's going on here, but it's not right.

I don't think so. In fact, right next to where I'm flying is McClellan Peak, which has even more radio towers. In fact, we call it "Antenna City" because of everything up there. We ride ATV's up there and it's a maze of relays and transmitters. But I've never looked at it as a problem. Of course, I don't fly from up there (but I'd like to). I would hope seven miles would not cause a problem. Here in Nevada (as you well know), anywhere you go you can spot antennas on top of almost every mountain top as you cruise the state.

I guess I shouldn't discount your Slide Mountain comment, but I think it's far enough away to not be a problem. I don't think the frequencies of the state radio system are anywhere near our frequencies.

The video I uploaded to YouTube was the screen shot, and I forgot to start a video from within the pumpkin (duh) so I couldn't compare the two to see if the "video interference" reported by the controller actually shows up on the 'official' video. So, when it warms up a bit I'll head back there and make sure I get two videos.
I agree completely, I wouldn't think that it should present any problem (at least I sure hope not!), just kind of "grasping at straws" to understand what is going on. I was up on top of Slide a couple of years ago and was really impressed by all the communications firepower up there, but hopefully nothing that would cause interference, especially at that distance.

I don't think your actual video is affected at all by the video interference you see on your device. I could be wrong, but I think once the camera starts recording, it doesn't care if it's ten feet or ten miles from the controller, it's going to be capturing that beautiful X-Star video.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who "occasionally" forgets to start the camera:). When I landed after completing my longest flight a while back (2.43 miles out), I thought I was doing good to remember to turn off the video camera before shutting the XSP down. That's when I discovered I had never started it up in the first place! The only video I have from that flight is what I captured on the screen recorder. Seems like my "mental checklists" just aren't quite as reliable as they once were... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I don't think your actual video is affected at all by the video interference you see on your device. I could be wrong, but I think once the camera starts recording, it doesn't care if it's ten feet or ten miles from the controller, it's going to be capturing that beautiful X-Star video.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who "occasionally" forgets to start the camera:). When I landed after completing my longest flight a while back (2.43 miles out), I thought I was doing good to remember to turn off the video camera before shutting the XSP down. That's when I discovered I had never started it up in the first place! The only video I have from that flight is what I captured on the screen recorder. Seems like my "mental checklists" just aren't quite as reliable as they once were... :rolleyes:

That's kinda what I was thinking/hoping (about the camera working independently of the video screen). Makes perfect sense. It's just a bit distressing to watch my screen deteriorate to almost nothing recognizable for a few seconds, then have it come back and be fine.

I'm sure there's a few more folks who have experienced this phenomena known as CRS. :eek:
Just when I think I've made my best video ever, it turns out I made NO video.

It's been just too cold lately to go out flying. I think the pumpkin would do fine. I won't do fine . . .

Hold on to your hat, definitely going to be a little blustery for the next couple of days, especially up on top of Slide Mountain:

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Very windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 40 mph increasing to 40 to 50 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 80 mph.

Tonight
Snow showers, mainly after 4am. Low around 18. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 60 to 70 mph increasing to 70 to 80 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 120 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday
Snow showers, mainly before 10am. Temperature falling to around 5 by 3pm. Very windy, with a west wind 40 to 50 mph becoming north 30 to 40 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials