Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Second test flight completed. MUCH better than yesterday! Battery was fine also. Still need to manually set gimbal roll to -0.4..this seemed to be the best setting. It does correct the horizon when I turn, it refused to do that yesterday.
So....yeah, big relief!..I'm happy!

Thanks for the replies, help again. Really appreciate it!

(Video choppiness, some loss of video, this was due to the iPhone Screen recording feature, not the drone! [I was worried for a second how bad the video was on my phone..why such horrible signal])
BUT...Once I turned that iPhone screen cap feature off, the video signal on the Autel, Starlink was perfect. Strange conflict

Reactions: yrless
Yeah I'm going to pick up a spare today with faster read/write ability.

I do have 2 other Micro SD cards..they are slower in speed though. One is used for my Dashcam (because Im a geek and needed a dashcam...lol)
Other was a freebee, I got a coupon voucher in the mail from a store called MicroCenter just outside Philly.
Last night, I shot two 3 min vids on an empty card. One was fine but the second will not play...... I use the mp4 format and no player I try will play it. Any ideas??? TIA

Last night, I shot two 3 min vids on an empty card. One was fine but the second will not play...... I use the mp4 format and no player I try will play it. Any ideas??? TIA

Upload the video file some place we can down load it and let me play with it. Not promising anything but until I have the file on my hard drive I cannot do anything.

That happen to me. Don't think my video file closed right. Recorded about 30 seconds of a different
video. Stopped the recording and both seem to play OK.

I did some additional testing today on the new FW....I was able to complete a couple of orbits but then I began getting SD card write errors and the gimbal went limp....zero compensation, just flapping in the breeze. I believe my SD card is the culprit so I'll have to repeat the tests with a second card...unfortunately I lost all the video with the automated orbit tests but I was able to do one manual orbit with EXP=4 after doing a format through the app...that video is attached here.....I was running out of battery fast so the orbit is admittedly faster and tighter than optimal but I wanted to demonstrate that orbits can be done smoother by hand than through the app...that's a bummer because the machine should be doing that better than humans can and when you're on a shoot you need both hands free to adjust tilt and exposure.....I'll do a few more tests with a known good SD card then decide whether or not to move on but my patience is suddenly growing thin.

10282017_MANUAL_ORBIT.mp4

Firmware Beta Download | Autel Robotics
This link is missing or does not work? Where can you find the correct download?

What’s New:

1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed.
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available.
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal.
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals).
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft landing will kick in while landing.
  6. No more IMU warm-up time.
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m.
  8. 99 waypoints.
  9. Digital zoom is available.
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action.
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode.
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature.
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery.
  14. Gimbal snap issue fix (Based on 2.0.1)
  15. Tilted horizon issue optimized (Based on 2.0.1)
  16. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  17. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points (Based on 2.0.1)

I did another orbit test today in V2.0.12 under perfect weather conditions.......its so bad I'm horrified to post it here....we need this fixed!

I did another orbit test today in V2.0.12 under perfect weather conditions.......its so bad I'm horrified to post it here....we need this fixed!

No fun! :-(

Did you try cleaning the gimbal contacts (remove gimbal, use a pencil eraser on all the contacts both on the gimbal and the XSP, and/or use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol or other appropriate contact cleaner), re-installing the official FW, and re-calibrating? If not, please do...hopefully you'll be surprised at the results?

Also, just so we're on the same wavelength, I consider "orbit" to be focusing the camera in one spot and flying a circle around that spot. In your previous video, you call that an orbit, but I call that a "yaw"...the XSP spins about it's axis (in one spot) while the camera points out.

So, are you having issues with "orbit" or "yaw"?

Yeah unfortunately it's (by now) a well known FW issue...some folks aren't bothered by the jerky video produced by the built in orbit function but if you use your quad commercially it's a disaster...hence my multi-week rant :(
No amount of re-seating, cleaning or re-loading will fix this one so it'll have to be manual orbit operation until the patch is released...sigh.

Man, that stinks. :-( What's most terrible is how different the experience is for people...you'd think the same fw on the same bird would work the same way.

People thought I was crazy when I loaded up 2.0.8 and just about kissed my commercial aspirations goodbye because the yaw, orbit, and photos deteriorated to unusable the instant I upgraded.

Then I upgraded to .12, and I'm back in business. Yet you are having issues.

Ugh. :-(

This is what mine flys like now with .12. It's so good that I'm seriously not going to update to the official release. I know it's supposed to be the exact same thing, but forget it...I'm using this beta version forever.

Reactions: dronechimp
Wow that's very impressive....I haven't been able to get results like that in months...just out of curiosity what is your yaw-exp set to?

My exp is set to .4, but...the jury is still out on whether or not that affects the auto orbit or not. I haven't played with that yet, but even if I did, it may be different on mine than yours!

Yes I agree...not everyone seems to experience the same effects on the same fw load...in fact, when it comes to orbit mode I've seen different results within the same version on different days! That tells me there's an instability lurking in the system which has yet to be identified.
When you mentioned calibration in an earlier post were you referring to compass calibration?

Hmmm...yes, I meant compass calibration, but now that you say that, maybe you could try calibrating your controller as well? That's something I haven't really heard much about, so unsure what affect it would have. Can't hurt to try, I suppose! Heck, maybe even re-bind the controller to the XSP, then calibrate the controller, then calibrate the compass.

Just had another thought....your orbit radius looks pretty tight in the video...I've been flying at 150 to 200 feet around the target...I have noticed in the past that small radii produce much better orbit results. So now I'm wondering if your results could be repeated at a much larger radius.

Yeah; I set the radius to as small as I could make it (33') because I only intend to circle things like cell towers / light poles / etc., where "closer is better". I may try a larger orbit at some point just to see what happens!

Thanks I'd like to hear about your findings...rain tomorrow but I'll be back out Tuesday for some more shoots..I'll do a few 33 foot orbits if I get time ;)

Hmmm...yes, I meant compass calibration, but now that you say that, maybe you could try calibrating your controller as well? That's something I haven't really heard much about, so unsure what affect it would have. Can't hurt to try, I suppose! Heck, maybe even re-bind the controller to the XSP, then calibrate the controller, then calibrate the compass.

Dok.....I ripped a page out of your book yesterday on a property shoot and I have to say got some pretty respectable results....I kept the radius real tight and increased speed on the orbit so thanks again for sharing your technique to combat the jerky orbit thing. It's certainly a lot better than what I was getting in the past even with the winds kicking up to 15 mph gusts yesterday. Unfortunately I did experience other firmware-related difficulties like shaky gimbal and histogram issues but I was able to clear those with reboots (but not what you need on a job).

ORBIT_EDITED.mp4

You can still see what looks like to me is the X-Star fighting the wind. Like it starts to slow down and then recovers. I find on any windy days I get this and if it is very calm which is not to often it is very smooth.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller