Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Yes agreed there's still some choppiness in there but I think in this case it's minimal enough for the uninitiated not to notice if I use short enough clips ;)

I downloaded your video to test something out. Microsoft of all people have this program called Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro.exe.
What it is suppose to do is smooth out jerky action cam videos. You can render a very long GoPro video and make it short and not bouncing all over the place. So I thought I would run your video through it and see if it improved. So I used the 2x setting and to me seemed to be better. What is your impression? Not sure if you slow it back down if it goes back to being jerky :)

ORBIT_EDITED_hyperlapse_2x_std.mp4

Ha..great minds think alike...I was doing a similar thing in shotcut but your result is better...the short story is we still have orbit issues but the tighter radius did help out quite a bit...I was assured by CS this week that a fix is in the works...again, we wait.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I suggest you try the open-source slowmoVideo package to smooth jerky videos. It uses a sophisticated interpolation method to synthesize smoothly-changing frames between jerky source frames and the result is significantly better than with Shotcut that merely drops frames. Simon A. Eugster wrote it as his bachelor thesis and makes it available free-of-charge. It contains no malware and runs fine for me under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 (Linux).

Thanks Quadrotor.....I'll have a look at the package but in the interim I'm going to hammer Autel support again today to get this issue fixed.....gotta keep the heat on.

Here's the latest reply from CS after I hammered them again on the orbit issue.....its a non-committal answer but I think its important to keep their feet to the fire and make them understand there are other options....if we can build enough of an ugly spike in their weekly reports on this topic we might get some action.

"Hello Art,
We are working always to improve things. We have had some people say that they think it works better, others say that if you do it faster it's better, and others that express your same sentiments. Our latest firmware is a vast improvement, but we are hard at work to make things better. Unfortunately, not sure when they will have another update."

I finally bit the bullet and did the upgrade. I haven't upgraded anything since I bought the XSP well over a year ago. Frankly, it worked fine for me, but when they finally came out with the non-beta upgrade I decided it sounded good.

So yesterday I took it out for a quick test flight. First thing I noticed was - it took off like a rocket! I always do a manual take-off and landing, and when I pushed the stick forward - wow. Nice. I like it!

It was a short flight, just to test some of the stuff out. Right off the bat I started getting scrambled video signal. I was barely a couple hundred feet out. I've never had this problem before. I did delete the old Starlink app and download a new one as per the suggestions of some of the pilots out there. This video thing is new to me. And I could just barely make out a voice telling me there was video interference. I've never heard a voice before. Is this something new with the upgrade? I was flying in a place that I've flown many times, with no interference.

I have another place I like to fly where I can go waaaay out there, and in the past I had no problems of any kind. I just have to find the time to get out there.

What's up with this video thing? o_O

I guess I'll wait till you guys finish finding all the bugs before I do any firmware updates. I got my XSP last march and have never upgraded the firmware or the app itself. I think until these guys get this stuff working properly, I'll wait.

I finally got to do another test flight with the new upgraded stuff. As I mentioned previously, it takes off like a rocket ship! I had little to no wind so it sat where I stopped it motionless. Verrrry steady at hover.

I was in an area with absolutely no obstructions. Wide open space. I headed off following a dirt road (sage brush the only stuff growing nearby) just in case something went wrong. That way I could possibly drive out and retrieve it. At about 400 feet distance I hear a tiny voice saying something about video interference. Huh? The bottom half of the screen showed some pixilation but the top half seemed ok. I kept going. I got out about 2700 feet with most of the video showing ok. Again I get the tiny voice (that I can barely hear!) saying something about video interference. I turned the pumpkin around and headed back. On the way I see a message pop up saying something about saving all my info off the memory chip, and then reformatting it. Not sure what that has to do with anything. But I did have problems trying to do video from time to time. The indicator for video and still pix would go 'grey' and I couldn't do either one. As I got closer to my home start it all came back and I was able to do both video or stills. Landed without an issue. So, I'm going to reformat and see how it goes after that.

So, that's the latest.

You could have formated the card right in the app. Could be you have a bad card also.
I agree...my SD card went bad and caused all the same symptoms.. I shoot mostly in 4K so I switched to a SanDisk extreme pro card...I still get some glitches but far fewer with a fresh, fast card. I've learned that a ton of stuff gets handled by the gimbal...if it's not happy, nothing on the aircraft is happy.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Could be you have a bad card also.

I'm willing to give that a try. After all, this is the first time I had this problem, and the first time I heard the "little barely discernible voice" tell me I have problems.

I'm going to get a "SanDisk extreme pro card" too. Thanks for the suggestions from all.

And yes, I just downloaded the SD Memory Card Formatter from SD Association. Thanks for that tidbit as well. Their site makes a good argument for using it.

I'll report back . . .;)

Got mine at Amazon for a ridiculously low price....still appears to be listed for $41 if you're a Prime customer.

Thanks yrless. I just ordered mine. I also noticed my old card was a 'mere' SanDisc Ultra 64GB.

And, I noticed that the three videos I took on my last flight did not turn out usable. Stills were fine.

When I click on the video files, all I get is a thin line across the top of my window and some stuff showing that 'something' is happening, but not a video show. However, when I go to the MISC folder and open the THM folder, then the 100 folder , I find some poor quality versions of my videos, but at least I can watch them. Not sure what that is about. I don't shoot in 4K because I have no way to watch them.

Meantime, while I wait for my new 'fast and furious' card I think I'll use my newly downloaded SD Memory Card Formatter on my old card - just to see what happens.

Cuz, what else do I have to do? - ha.

Reactions: yrless
Finally figured out what was wrong with my vids. Somehow the video setting got set back to 4K. I have no way to view 4K. So I reset it to 1080 at 30 fps. All is well now.

My new SanDisk extreme pro card came yesterday. Today it's raining and snowing, so no flying or testing. Drat.

Maybe tomorrow. I used the Memory Card Formatter on the new card as well so I'm expecting exciting stuff to come of it. Ha.

I only have a 1080P HD TV but I still shoot in 4K just for taking screen grab pictures and I can zoom in about 30% before the pixels start to get fuzzy. You can always down grade video but no way to up grade it. :)

I like the idea that you can zoom in on pictures I never thought about that. It just seems like it would take for ever to render on my laptop, but I guess I could give it a shot.

I still shoot in 4K just for taking screen grab pictures

MY problem is, I can't even SEE the 4K video to TAKE a screen grab. When I try to show the video, all I get is a long thin line stretching across the top of my screen while I see the timer scrolling along at the bottom.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy