Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Yesterday I installed the new beta firmware # 2.0.12 and have tested it today and just say it's great, did some special moves
and no issues at all,put through 4 batteries all in a row without breaks.

Reactions: WildDoktor
Personally, I'm glad they made no changes; mine works just fine...so fine, that I'm not even going to update to the final version.

Personally, I'm glad they made no changes; mine works just fine...so fine, that I'm not even going to update to the final version.
The beta is the final version so there is no update. To bad one of the Autel coders said he knows the Orbit is still F- up but nothing was done to improve it.

My installed Beta version is actually V2.0.8 so I'll flash to 12 tonight and do some tests in the next few days to see what, if any, effects are seen in orbit mode.

The sw guy said nothing was done to improve orbit???
That's nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed during the upgrade from V2.0.8 to V2.0.12 that the only change was in the Flight Control Module...nothing loaded for the gimbal so yeah that appears to have stayed in the same state.

Last edited:
From V2.0.8 to V2.0.12 depending on the wind speed you will see some improvement. Not much. It still starts out jerky in my opinion and ends not very smooth. Lots of room for improvement still. I have found if the winds are over 6-8 MPH the X-star will be fighting the winds giving a jerky orbit.
Other manufactures don't have that problem. Not talking about DJI either. The new Gopro drone is as smooth as silk.

Installed it last night, from 1.1.3. (Never did the Beta's) Flawless install, no errors of the firmware to the drone and the updates to my 4 batteries. I took it out today and...(sigh).
Ok, as for flight...the yaw is better! The whole feeling of the XSP felt improved..I noticed this in the first 20 seconds and felt pretty good.

BUT...then noticed the horizon was way off. Manually adjusting roll from -2 to even -3 then back to the +, it just wasn't right.
And then the battery drop from 34% to 7% in a few seconds (critical low batt. with 2, 1min flight time left.) I dont know? Any ideas??
Thanks.

Going to try it again before the sun sets in 10 min.

Screencap from iPhone - Video was sped up showing gimbal adjusting, then battery drop.

Installed it last night, from 1.1.3. (Never did the Beta's) Flawless install, no errors of the firmware to the drone and the updates to my 4 batteries. I took it out today and...(sigh).
Ok, as for flight...the yaw is better! The whole feeling of the XSP felt improved..I noticed this in the first 20 seconds and felt pretty good.

BUT...then noticed the horizon was way off. Manually adjusting roll from -2 to even -3 then back to the +, it just wasn't right.
And then the battery drop from 34% to 7% in a few seconds (critical low batt. with 2, 1min flight time left.) I dont know? Any ideas??
Thanks.

Going to try it again before the sun sets in 10 min.

Screencap from iPhone - Video was sped up showing gimbal adjusting, then battery drop.

I've had similar freaky things with my gimbal after flashing new fw...unstable horizon, shaking, sd read write errors. I'm not promising a miracle here but I did 2 things that seemed to cure it...perhaps a coincidence perhaps not but easy enough to try.....first, format your sd card in your computer...long format, not short...takes a long time so start it and hit the hay...re-insert back into gimbal in the morning. Second, sounds goofy but reseat the gimbal assembly! Good luck.

I've had similar freaky things with my gimbal after flashing new fw...unstable horizon, shaking, sd read write errors. I'm not promising a miracle here but I did 2 things that seemed to cure it...perhaps a coincidence perhaps not but easy enough to try.....first, format your sd card in your computer...long format, not short...takes a long time so start it and hit the hay...re-insert back into gimbal in the morning. Second, sounds goofy but reseat the gimbal assembly! Good luck.

I will try ANYTHING right now...thanks! I will certainly try the removal/remount gimbal/camera...check connections also

The "Read/Write" errors on my card, the one annoying issue I have is taking photos, videos..suddenly the card just doesn't want to take anymore footage. I get a constant animated circle around the camera icon on my app (iOS). Only "fix" is to land the drone, reboot everything
Happened today in the first two minutes which also was odd - but since I wasn't really pre occupied with taking pics and this was just a test flight, I just screen recorded what was happening on my phone. I do need to look into a new and probably faster memory card also.

Thanks again!

I will try ANYTHING right now...thanks! I will certainly try the removal/remount gimbal/camera...check connections also

The "Read/Write" errors on my card, the one annoying issue I have is taking photos, videos..suddenly the card just doesn't want to take anymore footage. I get a constant animated circle around the camera icon on my app (iOS). Only "fix" is to land the drone, reboot everything
Happened today in the first two minutes which also was odd - but since I wasn't really pre occupied with taking pics and this was just a test flight, I just screen recorded what was happening on my phone. I do need to look into a new and probably faster memory card also.

Thanks again!
Ha! Glad you mentioned that photo issue with the infinite circle...I saw that one too but only in raw picture mode...that stopped with the long format as well...I think you'll be able to clear those issues!

Ha! Glad you mentioned that photo issue with the infinite circle...I saw that one too but only in raw picture mode...that stopped with the long format as well...I think you'll be able to clear those issues!
Yep, exactly the photo files I take..DNG/RAW . It differs, after 15-25 shots, I may get that non responsive animated circle. Anyway, I did a long clean format, rebuilt the EXfat system on the card.

I ALSO noticed this when I placed the card back into the XSP. Formatted that...then went to "Firmware" in the settings to check versions with what was listed on the Autel site.
The area where it said "Optical Flow" was blank, no version number or anything... No idea why since I remember vividly there was a check mark next to Optical Flow on my RC after the Firmware updated last night.

For the heck of it, I downloaded the firmware file again, inserted the card in the drone...booted drone/RC up and it began unpacking and installing "Optical flow." Everything else seems up to date and listed.
Now...if this is a cause of the problems, wonderful. (Old version of Optical Flow or lack of a file? not behaving with new Gimbal version....beats me.) I admit, I have zero idea how this all works..lol)

I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

Hry14sI.jpg

I find there are so many people here and on Facebook who are such negative winging people who can't find anything good to say.
I find the new firmware fantastic have flown several times with it now and it's great.
Autel Robotics produce a fantastic drone and stack up against market leaders very well, my message to Autel is ignore some of
the negative crap from people and continue to do what you are doing very well.

Thanks again!
If in doubt, replace the card with another brand. (Always good to have a spare)

Reactions: ACJunior
I find there are so many people here and on Facebook who are such negative winging people who can't find anything good to say.
I find the new firmware fantastic have flown several times with it now and it's great.
Autel Robotics produce a fantastic drone and stack up against market leaders very well, my message to Autel is ignore some of
the negative crap from people and continue to do what you are doing very well.

I've seen a TON of whining on Facebook, some trolls of "Ditch Autel, go with DJI, problem solved" Other stuff.
No..I still read the horror stories about FW for them..AND the terrible Customer Service. The Customer service nightmare is something I DO not need!

Now I'm not sure if this was directed to me personally...I've been overall happy with this..few things needed to be addressed of course. Just saying I waited patiently for the new final firmware release, many love it, no issues.. I happened to run into this problem and hoping for a solution. (I will test this again in a few minutes and hope the issues were solved. - we'll see) If not I will call Autel. I had a GREAT few hours of flight on Wednesday in nearby Bucks County with the now "old" firmware. If I was disgusted and complaining about Autel, XSP...I wont bring it online. Simply put I would sell it and that's it. I'm not at that point yet...I have not given up on the XSP.

If the FW has some kind of bug...fine I accept that and hope Autel brings out a small patch update for those with minor issues..
New firmwares have bugs all the time - may not affect some, it also might affect others...on ALL gadgets! (Heck I look at my own computer, tablets, phone. Apple IOS 11..especially.)

If in doubt, replace the card with another brand. (Always good to have a spare)
Yeah I'm going to pick up a spare today with faster read/write ability.

I do have 2 other Micro SD cards..they are slower in speed though. One is used for my Dashcam (because Im a geek and needed a dashcam...lol)
Other was a freebee, I got a coupon voucher in the mail from a store called MicroCenter just outside Philly.

I update to the new FM last night, today on my lunch break, took her out for a test flights. WOW, what a difference. I was able to travel 1.8 miles now. She seems to respond better. 1 concern is that a got a low battery warning at 55%, never did that B4 but so far I'm happy with the new FM....So far. I haven't tried orbit or follow me yet.
IMG_0161.PNG

Reactions: WildDoktor

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain