Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pano and single photo

rkyleh

Reaction score
I have not spent any time with the camera on my XSP but I am going to start taking more pictures. I did not realize how good the stills can be. I took these while I was hovering over the yard after taking the fire videos. I wanted to run down the battery so started messing around with the stills. I can't hardly justify wanting a new drone when this bird will do this for me.

Attachments

• 6-28 pano.jpg
    6-28 pano.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Fire  Pine Valley.jpg
    Fire Pine Valley.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 15
  • MAX_0004.JPG
    MAX_0004.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 15
Agree! Good job on the pano, too. What s/w did you use?
I'm very happy with the stills and look at video as pleasant added benefit.

Crops from full frame:
sunset a 3.12.18.jpg

sunset b 3.12.18.jpg

I have not spent any time with the camera on my XSP but I am going to start taking more pictures. I did not realize how good the stills can be. I took these while I was hovering over the yard after taking the fire videos. I wanted to run down the battery so started messing around with the stills. I can't hardly justify wanting a new drone when this bird will do this for me.
Yea...... I know. They really are great drones. I just got back to Hawaii, and I’ve got 2 XSP’s and 7 batteries, 5 in good shape. A neighbor bought an XSP refurb, flew it about 10 times, and found it too hard to do (he’s 80, never crashed it!), and just gave it to me after I redid his WiFi network (w/extender to his shop). Geeez I now have 3 complete units, 2 barely used, one used a lot, but flies perfectly, 3 R/C’s and now 8 batteries!! Holy ____

Yea...... I know. They really are great drones. I just got back to Hawaii, and I’ve got 2 XSP’s and 7 batteries, 5 in good shape. A neighbor bought an XSP refurb, flew it about 10 times, and found it too hard to do (he’s 80, never crashed it!), and just gave it to me after I redid his WiFi network (w/extender to his shop). Geeez I now have 3 complete units, 2 barely used, one used a lot, but flies perfectly, 3 R/C’s and now 8 batteries!! Holy ____
When are we going to see some videos of the Arizona desert? There is a lot of country to cover down there.

When are we going to see some videos of the Arizona desert? There is a lot of country to cover down there.
LOL, It’ll be awhile. I gotta sell this house in Hilo, then finish moving to Scottsdale. While I’m here, I might fly a little b/c I’m still working on a 60min Big Island video wallpaper for a cafe here, I have about 50min done.
Emptying a house is brutal!! Shipping containers are ridiculously expensive so we’ll sell & donate stuff, take personal stuff by suitcase and usps flat rate boxes. Drones are hard to move, gotta hand-carry all LiPo batteries for everything, tools, drones, even take them out of the RC’s I guess?

LOL, It’ll be awhile. I gotta sell this house in Hilo, then finish moving to Scottsdale. While I’m here, I might fly a little b/c I’m still working on a 60min Big Island video wallpaper for a cafe here, I have about 50min done.
Emptying a house is brutal!! Shipping containers are ridiculously expensive so we’ll sell & donate stuff, take personal stuff by suitcase and usps flat rate boxes. Drones are hard to move, gotta hand-carry all LiPo batteries for everything, tools, drones, even take them out of the RC’s I guess?
Hey I will get in line to if you need to down size.
I feel for you on the move. When I was young and in construction I could holler at the kids to load up and we would be gone by night fall. This last move was it. If it ain't here I don't want it.
Good luck

I like the donate stuff part, you still have my address :) I will take one of those X-Stars LOL
:) ;) Thanks! Yea, me too.... this is the last move. I'm kinda lucky in that many folks that CHOSE to live atop a huge pool of lava have been evac'd and need everything. Craigslist brought a hoard of folks to buy & get free stuff. Presto 1/2 my stuff is gone -- and to a good cause...

I can always come back here via Air B&B, but the desert will be my last stop....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58