Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photogrammetry computer recommendation

Wghayek

Reaction score
I want to buy a computer to provide sufficient ability compliment my EVO2P photogrammetry & orthomosaic processing. I need a computer & monitor out of the box.

I'm a hobbyist,
I have a DEll G7 Nvidia RTX, 1T ramdrive and a 1920 X1080 display. Anytime I fly away from home I take it with me, works great. The video card is capable of 4k I believe

Reactions: Wghayek
I want to buy a computer to provide sufficient ability compliment my EVO2P photogrammetry & orthomosaic processing. I need a computer & monitor out of the box.

I recommend you simply look at the software requirements for the software you plan on using to perform the processing. The software vendor should have minimum and recommended specs for the computer. Some software does most of its work using the CPU and some rely more on the GPU. Also multithreaded vs single threaded is important as well as whether the software needs more RAM than most.

For example I use Davinci Resolve for video editing and it is well known that Davinci Resolve does most of its processing using the GPU. Premier Pro on the other hand mostly uses the CPU. Baased on this understanding of the differences I would customize a video editing workstation for Premier Pro differently than I would for Davinci Resolve.

I recently purchased one built by these guys: America's Custom Computer Leader | Puget Systems who know a lot about best systems for specific software (in my case, Pix4D), and also about things like what different combinations of RAM, processor speed, GPU might work best, and how much faster the system would run with slightly altered combinations, etc....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel