Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Point of interest

Sirloinofbeef

Reaction score
I have looked but i havent found a point of interest setting on the x star premium. Does it have this ability? I have it on my bebop2 and its an awesome feature. I have a few places i want to fly where this would be a great help.

I have looked but i havent found a point of interest setting on the x star premium. Does it have this ability? I have it on my bebop2 and its an awesome feature. I have a few places i want to fly where this would be a great help.
POI, Orbit and waypoints are in the same place. On the left in xstar app. Not in front of it at the moment though.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

I assume you're referring to the mode, where it follows you as long as you are holding the controller? Also called follow me. There is also the tracking mode, which we do not have, as found in the Litchi app and I believe, the Phantom 4 which tracks a subject by drawing a rectangle around it, a feature I wish we had. Wasn't sure which one you were talking about.

I assume you're referring to the mode, where it follows you as long as you are holding the controller? Also called follow me. There is also the tracking mode, which we do not have, as found in the Litchi app and I believe, the Phantom 4 which tracks a subject by drawing a rectangle around it, a feature I wish we had. Wasn't sure which one you were talking about.
The poi im talking about is for using your waypoints and picking a poi and having the drone concentrate and turn to watch an object as it flies by at the designated height and speed dictated for the poi i choose. For example, this farm im droning this weekend has a couple of silos and im gonna concentrate the camera on a slow flyby with my bebop2. The app in parrot lets me predefine a route and speed and elevation to as many waypoints as i want without me having the drone on. This is what i was hoping for. I love the bebop 2 app but the camera on my x star is awesome.

You can go to the Autel Robotics website or youtube and watch instructional videos. I don't think you can do POI during waypoint missions, but I could be wrong.

That's interesting, I like the idea of being able to tell it where you want it to look. If the X Star will do that, I didn't know about it. I'm pretty sure you have to manually operate the camera as it does the waypoint mission, if you want it focus on certain things.

That's interesting, I like the idea of being able to tell it where you want it to look. If the X Star will do that, I didn't know about it. I'm pretty sure you have to manually operate the camera as it does the waypoint mission, if you want it focus on certain things.
Thats what i was hoping the x star would do.

I love the way point function! I can pre-plan a 15 point route on my tablet at home on the satellite map where I will be flying if I disconnect the wifi from it first, then save it for the later flight. Or I can turn on the X-Star without it flying first and load up a saved flight, or draw or point in a new route up to 99 points at the flying site, then save those too. I have been using saved flights to practice and develop my camera skills. While the X-Star is running its route, I then practice pointing the camera at a specified subject to practice keeping it in the view center. One can change the camera gymbal speed or yaw to find the right combination to match one's skill. The orbit function also will act as a follow mode if one first selects the pilot as the center. Any camera position, speed, or altitude between 33 feet to max can be used within any way point or orbit flight without any change to the route occurring too.

When you plan your waypoint mission, just enter several waypoints around what you want to do the orbit around. In other words, plot an orbit. You'll have to zoom in as close as you can on the map when plotting, as if you try to drop a waypoint to close to another when zoomed out, it will just "suck" into the other waypoint. You can still rotate your craft, and adjust the speed and camera angle, during a waypoint mission.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials