Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

problem when I try to take off my UAV from a boat

Alexis

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem when I try to take off my UAV (Autel Evo II RTK) from a boat. The takeoff is impossible, and I receive the message "attitude initialization".

How can I succeed in taking off ?

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your response, but after checking, I don't have a boat mode (Autel Explorer version 2.0.23).

Is there another way to take off the drone from a boat?

I have the impression that even the slightest movement of the boat prevents the "attitude initialization" from taking place.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: AirStag
I plan to try it for the first time next week on a lake, so I would like to know also.

Reactions: Alexis
Thank you for your response, but after checking, I don't have a boat mode (Autel Explorer version 2.0.23).

Is there another way to take off the drone from a boat?

I have the impression that even the slightest movement of the boat prevents the "attitude initialization" from taking place.

Thank you for your help.
I plan to try it for the first time next week on a lake, so I would like to know also.
Hello,

If you manage to successfully lauch your drone from a boat this week, I would greatly appreciate learning your technique.
On my end, I have already reported the issue to customer service, and I am eagerly awaiting the reponse from the technical support team.

Have a great day!

Hello,

If you manage to successfully lauch your drone from a boat this week, I would greatly appreciate learning your technique.
On my end, I have already reported the issue to customer service, and I am eagerly awaiting the reponse from the technical support team.

Have a great day!
It was a first for me. It worked. No errors and it acted normally.

I was launching (Evo 2 Pro 6k) from a tri-toon boat on a calm lake - Indian Lake Ohio.

I learned one thing: Take off and climb at least to a level above your head/the boat, quickly. If the boat is moving at all, (just wind/current in our case) the props could get close to you or parts of the boat.

We were only a few hundred yards from shore. I flew a bit and then chickened out; instead of landing on the boat, I landed on the ground by the house. I took a few photos/videos of us pulling the boat into dock.

Attachments

• 20230609-ScreenHunter_2295 Jun. 08 20.13.jpg
    20230609-ScreenHunter_2295 Jun. 08 20.13.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 5
It was a first for me. It worked. No errors and it acted normally.

I was launching (Evo 2 Pro 6k) from a tri-toon boat on a calm lake - Indian Lake Ohio.

I learned one thing: Take off and climb at least to a level above your head/the boat, quickly. If the boat is moving at all, (just wind/current in our case) the props could get close to you or parts of the boat.

We were only a few hundred yards from shore. I flew a bit and then chickened out; instead of landing on the boat, I landed on the ground by the house. I took a few photos/videos of us pulling the boat into dock.
Great news !

Currently, I haven't received any updates from technical support regarding our issue.

Could you please provide me with the version of your firmware ?

I'm also interested to know if your version has the "boat mode" feature. Thank you as well for advice you've shared.

Best regards,

Alexis

Great news !

Currently, I haven't received any updates from technical support regarding our issue.

Could you please provide me with the version of your firmware ?

I'm also interested to know if your version has the "boat mode" feature. Thank you as well for advice you've shared.

Best regards,

Alexis

Sure, I'll check. Where is boat mode if I have it?

firmware

Attachments

• 20230612-ScreenHunter_2341 Jun. 12 09.57.jpg
    20230612-ScreenHunter_2341 Jun. 12 09.57.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230612-ScreenHunter_2342 Jun. 12 09.58.jpg
    20230612-ScreenHunter_2342 Jun. 12 09.58.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
Sure, I'll check. Where is boat mode if I have it?
It seems that is a "boat mode" to activate in settings/fight controls.

According to other sources, this function no longer exists in the latest updates. Our firmware version (V2.0.23) does not have it....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan