Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Propeller upgrade?

Same here. I'm a little skeptical after reading the article of the guy who had one spin off.....

Master Airscrew makes great props. They have been around forever.

Master Airscrew makes great props. They have been around forever.
Do you know of which ones will fit the Autel? I remember my grandpa ordering master airscrew for RC planes like 25 years ago lol. I see the ones they make that fit the Autel but you have to change the Hub size. Just wondering if the hubs for MA are aluminum as well. I cant tell.

Last edited:
Do you know of which ones will fit the Autel? I remember my grandpa ordering master airscrew for RC planes like 25 years ago lol. I see the ones they make that fit the Autel but you have to change the Hub size. Just wondering if the hubs for MA are aluminum as well. I cant tell.

These ones. The DJI phantom upgrade props. Same as Autel.

DJI Phantom Propellers – Master Airscrew

Thank You! I wonder if theres any performance comparison between these and the CAMcarbon CF props. I have the CF props on the bird now, and they really seem to make it perform more sporty. I really like that aspect. Of course after reading about the spin off issue due to the aluminum hubs I get a bit nervous. o_O

I beli
Thank You! I wonder if theres any performance comparison between these and the CAMcarbon CF props. I have the CF props on the bird now, and they really seem to make it perform more sporty. I really like that aspect. Of course after reading about the spin off issue due to the aluminum hubs I get a bit nervous. o_O
I believe that I see aluminum hubs on my stock autel props. They can't spin off in flight, as they are self tightening.

Of course, you could always go with these:

Multi Rotor Propellers - Master Airscrew

Don't forget the hub nuts. They'll take longer to install, but, you could get different colors for the front and back, to help with orientation, or, just to be different. Heck... go green, and put a stalk on the pumpkin!

Airscrew props do not take but a few more seconds to install. The hex nuts are recessed into the props. Once started they just spin on like stock one. Some people crazy glue the nuts in place.

Airscrew props do not take but a few more seconds to install. The hex nuts are recessed into the props. Once started they just spin on like stock one. Some people crazy glue the nuts in place.
How do these compare to the Cam Carbon ?

C.B.

I really could not say as I don't have the carbon props to compare them to.
Carbon would be stiffer and that could relate to jelly in the videos if they are not balanced right. Airscrew props will break in a crash and carbon will not. This could lead to motor damage.
Autel said carbon props are the main reason for cracks in the frame and will not cover it under warranty but lots of people run them.
Thats about all I know

Got mine from Tower Hobbies, arrived quickly, had no problem installing them. I'm happy with them, no problems, and they are quieter. The only thing I would like is for them to make them in a few different colors. Thinking about dying them, never tried it.

Dying them is the best way, stay away from spray painting them unless you can balance them. I spray painted a set of my Yuneec props and they were so out of balance after I did that.

Lots of videos on youtube for Dying them. Might take a few times to get the right color. What color do you want to go with?

Red, maybe just the front two. It seems the Master Airscrew props have more of a shiny finish to them, I don't suppose that would affect the dying process.

Uh Oh, just saw this on the Phantom forum.
"I had colored two sets of props with my P3P with blue dye. It appears that that will not be possible with the P4. From all the images I have seen the new props seem to have a glossy finish."

Last edited:
OK, well I should have continued reading as someone replied.

"You can dye P4 props perfectly fine. At least I did. Have you heard of there being any problems with them accepting dye? I use the RIT synthetic dye, but to me that only makes sense because they are some sort of polymer I assume. Same old process of heat up water mix in dye drop props in. Take them out and they are done."

Damn you guys are quick at doing things. Looks great OBD!!

It was easy. Heat up the water just to boiling point, pour in the dye stir it up, drop them in. I left them in them in about an hour or a little more, stirring them around once in a while just for the heck of it.

It was easy. Heat up the water just to boiling point, pour in the dye stir it up, drop them in. I left them in them in about an hour or a little more, stirring them around once in a while just for the heck of it.
Did you use the same type of dye they were talking about in the other forum? The RIT? I think you can just buy that at most stores like Fred Meyer cant you? Looking forward to your update as dying them seems like it would be fun.

Did you use the same type of dye they were talking about in the other forum? The RIT? I think you can just buy that at most stores like Fred Meyer cant you? Looking forward to your update as dying them seems like it would be fun.

What other forum??? There is no other forum. The guy who runs the other forum you speak of does not even own a quadcopter. Why would you want to be a member there???
You want to know more about the the guy who runs that forum, PM me and I will fill you in.
If you found us here then there is no reason to go there.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58