Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Range of flight - opened a ticket

Autel has shipped my XSP back to me today!!! They replaced the motor that had "defective wiring" per the tech that emailed me. That s pretty quick turnaround and just in time to have missed the hurricane.

I will post this here and in our 4Hawks thread. I couldn't wait to try out the 4Hawks antenna till tomorrow so I decided to take the added subtle risk of flying out from the backyard again. I went so far out I decided manually to turn around...not sure how these guys fly that far beyond their natural line of sight, balls of steel? I had to update the firmware on the controller first...lol...forgot I hadn't done it to 2.0.1 yet. Another point, I am not on 2.0.8 yet. Previous distance was 3014ft or about .55 miles from the yard, surrounded by houses...well, at 5,100 ft away I chickened out. Not a video signal loss or screen video blip...not one issue other than my nerves. It is a real clear day with some white clouds and I still lost true sight of it before I got to 5,100 feet for sure...although I thought I could vaguely see a spec in the sky at times.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Before I upgraded my firmware to V2.0.8 I flew my XSP 1.7 miles. I'm lucky to get 1300 ft now.

I have tried new cables, turning off wifi on iPad, turning on do not disturb on iPad, unplugging camera and cleaning contacts and still get the “ returning home” message at 0.5 miles is there something I’m missing. I’m in a pretty rural area and stay at an altitude of around 300-350

I have tried new cables, turning off wifi on iPad, turning on do not disturb on iPad, unplugging camera and cleaning contacts and still get the “ returning home” message at 0.5 miles is there something I’m missing. I’m in a pretty rural area and stay at an altitude of around 300-350

What firmware are you on?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58