Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Recommendations for a 10" tablet - compatibility issue on my current one

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
Hello All,

After a 5 year hiatus from Autel, I am back (v2 Duo/thermal) and looking for a 10" (Android) tablet that is compatible with the current v2's. My Samsung S2 has been very reliable for my DJI products, but apparently won't work with the Autel Explorer app.

What is everyone using?

Thanks in advance!
CJS

I'm looking for a new device too, although a bit smaller than 10". Currently using an iPhone 12 Pro but in bright sunlight it auto dims to almost an unreadable brightness.

Seems like Tripltek is the only game in town with a published sustained level of brightness and specifically made for flying drones. The largest tablet is only 9" though.
Brightest Smartphone/Tablet on the Market | Tripltek

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 or Galaxy Tab Active Pro are also potential contenders at a cheaper price, but are older.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
I'm looking for a new device too, although a bit smaller than 10". Currently using an iPhone 12 Pro but in bright sunlight it auto dims to almost an unreadable brightness.

Seems like Tripltek is the only game in town with a published sustained level of brightness and specifically made for flying drones. The largest tablet is only 9" though.
Brightest Smartphone/Tablet on the Market | Tripltek

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 or Galaxy Tab Active Pro are also potential contenders at a cheaper price, but are older.
I did see those, thank you and they look great.... for $200 more I can get the Smart Controller.... which I am inclined to do. Seems like they put more effort into the smart controller for a better seamless setup.

I did see those, thank you and they look great.... for $200 more I can get the Smart Controller.... which I am inclined to do. Seems like they put more effort into the smart controller for a better seamless setup.
Be aware the Smart Controller(SC) is currently BLOCKED from any third party apps being installed in normal way. The SC is NOT compatible with Google Play as it is not an Approved Device by Google, (called the RCPad) and Autel is not interested in solving this problem. It seems they are interested in selling their own software solutions, such as Autel Mapper.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
I can only recommend the tripltek tablets, I know they are expensive but its worth ti for that high sustained nit and rugged case.. also works in extreme heat and cold. I use the sky fire aerial mount with mine as I love their mounts

Reactions: EBERLS
I can only recommend the tripltek tablets, I know they are expensive but its worth ti for that high sustained nit and rugged case.. also works in extreme heat and cold. I use the sky fire aerial mount with mine as I love their mounts
LifThor and others make the TriplTek clones and just as good at a better price.

If you love and can afford TT - the stick with it.

When I looked for a mount on the Lite Controller - LifThor was all I could find. They are pricey but a really good (not cheap plastic) mount.

Be aware the Smart Controller(SC) is currently BLOCKED from any third party apps being installed in normal way. The SC is NOT compatible with Google Play as it is not an Approved Device by Google, (called the RCPad) and Autel is not interested in solving this problem. It seems they are interested in selling their own software solutions, such as Autel Mapper.
Wow, OK, that is good to know. Currently trying to work with them just on getting the altitude setting to work on my Android products... was thinking the SC was the way to go.... but thank you for bringing up that good point.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo