Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Relaxing today

Normex

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and gents, Taking it easy today with my Electric smoker, I bought 6lbs of brisket and injected marinade plus an outside rub. It's my first time with a brisket and after 2 hours it looks very promising.
Did some beef jerkeys and spare ribs before and the it was so tender it almost fall off the fork.
The model of my smoker is a MasterBuilt 20070411 being a first Gen for those in the know.
I have a Auber Pid that keeps the temp within 1 degree and a Maverick digital temp sensors, so I have a two sensors for the chamber (1 from Auber and 1 from Maverick) plus 1 sensor from the Maverick in the meat, all are within a few degrees from each other. It is almost like orchestra of heat,smoke and time.
The maverick is Bluetooth so I can check the temps with an app on the IPhone sitting in comfort on my sofa chair. Just shooting the breeze,

Take care All

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Expletive WOW you have me beat again Agustine, quite an array of smoke purveyors enough to set off smoke alarms within miles :)
A bit perplexed on the use of a microwave? how do you control the heat, ever checked the Auber Pid line?
Those sausages have venison? again has to be said wow.

Thanks

Love the repurposed microwave! That's some ingenuity right there. Surprised I don't see an old drone motor and prop in there somewhere as a fan...lol.

The microwave is a worn out one. I use it for cold smoking cheese and other things that need cold smoke. No microwaves used at all LOL just use the shell. The small bradley smoker they sell cold smokers for a high price, I just made mine out of the microwave.
Been smoking meat for about 12 years and I also make dry cured meat like salumi.
It was one of my first hobbys I got into.
The boys at work cried when I retired :)

Yup I use a lot of deer meat from local hunters that donate to the cause. :)

20160131_195854.jpg Day 8 Top.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0073.JPG DSC_0085.JPG DSC_0101.JPG DSC_0102.JPG

hehe I have my pellets going with the Amazen 5X8 with hickory and also just came back putting also some Mesquite chips to make some time lost at the start.
Today was also my first use of the PID and man the temps are even all the time, nice
The meat is at 148F so lucky if it will be ready for around 8pm or maybe more. So far really nice color to it.

Oh oh I'm in the big men league but very nice to see.

When the temps drop down (below 32 degrees) make sure your pid is indoors before you use it or it will error out as it is to cold. Needs to be above that temp to read right.

I have the Amazen tube smoker (12") and also the Amazen 5x8. I like the tube smoker better for pellets. I don't use Mesquite as I find it to over powering. Hickory is my go to wood.

One thing buying your PID from Suyi Liu from Auber he has very good customer service also......just like Autel if you need it LOL

Been only a year for me and in the learning curve, I 'll order a tube smoker to give it a try....thanks ....bout the Mesquite I will use it only 1 time on this smoke and will rely on the hickory.
I plan to build the mailbox for the cold smoke and so far after 4 cheese smokes, we can hardly have any around!

LOl
Yup I love smoked cheese but not right away. Might as well eat a ashtray :) Needs to mellow out some
Mailbox works great for cold smoking.
If you get the tube smoker I suggest the 6 inch one if he still sell them as the 12 inch is like a 6-8 smoke and who needs that long.

MasterBuilt is Ok too but if one rips out the innards and have an insulated box. Two weeks ago Just before the warranty expiration I spoke to them that I would be happy if they could send an extra element and they did for free. Ditto for Auber and Autel comparison, It pays to spend some time on YouTube for knowing what to buy beforehand. Trying to upload a pic of mine but stupid laptop can't see the pic.

The small bradely I did the double element mode to it. It heats a lot faster during the winter and does not suck at 30 degrees F.
I did have the back off of it once and it did burn all the insolation where the elements are so it does get hot.

My big smoker came from work. Kind of a retirement gift to myself when I left. It sat in the back of a lab for years. They never missed it. Turned into a great little pepperette smoker. It can hold 20 pounds of pepperettes in one go.

There my humble set up and to think I was an envy :)
Agustine your food pics gives me hunger but I am more than decided to learn much more, I go on the SMP forum ...almost too much to absorb at times.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    980.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Agustine, don't worry I won't pester you with questions but when you said 2 or 3 hrs of smoke is enough, I suppose that is at the beginning then keep it going till the internal temp is achieved?
Almost feel stupid asking the obvious.

What I do is let whatever I have in the smoker sit there for about 40-60 minutes. This lets it dry out. Smoke will not stick to wet meat. Once that time has passed I will give it anywhere between 2-4 hours smoke. This all depends on how much you like smoke flavor. When I do cheese I don't go past 2 hours. It just gets to strong for me.
What might be right for me might not be right for you.

I have a buddy who has a elk farm. No shortage of meat for sausages. :)
This is his farm.
HPIM2400.JPG HPIM2411.JPG HPIM2412.JPG

And this is my sausage stuffer. It does 30 pounds of meat at a time. Water hydraulic powered from the kitchen tap. We will do 100 to 200 pounds in a afternoon.

HPIM3657.JPG IMAG0199.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain