Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Relaxing today

Would it help if it was cleaned with forced air every 10 uses ? or patience is a virtue :)

Did some cold smoked cheese today Norm. Used the pid control to keep the smoker at 80°F as the warmer temp helps the cheese to take on a nice color but not hot enough to melt it.

Cheese going into the smoker:
20170920_101604.jpg

After 2 hours of smoke and resting to cool off before vac seal. Make sure to wipe off any moisture:
20170920_120644.jpg

All vac sealed and ready for a 2-3 month stay in the fridge before it is ready to eat. Smoke cheese needs to mellow first.
20170920_131147.jpg

Very nice looking color, I let it sit in the fridge for 3 weeks and it is mellow for us but what do we know:)
We have a cheese factory just 10 miles from us and they are renowned for their curds, I smoke their old cheese and it doesn't last long around our place.
How much did your vac sealer cost?

I forgot to post this letter so I'm late a bit

Hmm when you smoke you light up a tree's worth, but I should be the one coming to you for tasting your nice offerings.

Smoked some cheese today with my mailbox mod, I wonder though as I have my outlet at 3", should I try adjust its opening? for the inlet it is fully adjustable so just wonder for the outlet.
Today was 60 deg out so I heated it at 80 deg and asking myself if it only dries out the cheese, I read all kinds of different temps from 60 deg to 90 deg for cold smoking cheese, there must be an happy medium temp. The cheese I used is old and xtra old. just trying for taste.

My mission today: The meat you see on the pic is Moose 1.5 lbs mini roast being 2 1/2" thick so one could call it a steaks,
I have injected some maple based marinated with some oliver oil and have put some dry rub on top.
Going to use Mesquite chips with a bit of hickory pellets.
Temp: 200 deg far for approx. 4 hours and or internal temp of 135-140 deg far. for medium rare.
Will start at half past noon as the rub and the marinade will take some effect since 8:30 am today.
Am I on the right track so far?

It made an excellent tender meal and was exactly as intended in terms of texture and doneness . I have another piece left and will surely repeat as before.

Sounds good. Your lucky to have a moose roast. Up here where I live the moose have been declining so much it is hard to get a tag to hunt them. Those dam bears kill off a lot of calves and the dear have taken over which is not good as they have a parasite that does not affect them but they pass on to the moose.
Take, for instance, reports of moose behaving erratically, stumbling, walking in circles, or appearing either paralyzed or unusually tame.

The cause of this moose disease was a mystery until a Canadian biologist discovered that the disease was caused by a parasitic worm (Parelaphostrongylus tenuis) more commonly found in white-tailed deer. The threadlike worms inhabit the space between the deer’s brain and skull, where they live out their lives without producing obvious symptoms in the deer.

Very interesting, I have a friend that is well to do and he just came back from Rimouski Que. and he caught two of them. So he always gives me some.
Where I live near Ottawa Ont. there is some small areas where there is only moose there and no bear though some coyotes and wolves.

My brother lives in Ottawa. My sister in law is from Wales and has never seen a moose. When I was down visiting them a few years ago I was driving down the freeway and off on the side was biggest bull moose I have ever seen. I told my sister in law about it and she said I was just playing a joke on her until the evening news came on and someone had video of it. LOL

Indeed there are big ones with panaches of more than 50 in. and once in a while there's some unlucky souls that hit them on the 417 (TransCanada highway) which luck has to be on your side as their legs are long and when you hit the body of the moose some times rips the roof entirely and or depending on the hit speed there was a man that a moose entered through the windshield and the poor beast still alive trashing all over inside with him. We have also many deer hits which my daughter totaled her car 5 years ago trying to avoid it and hit a hydro pole. For insurance purposes you are better off to hit the deer or if not you get fined galore. Every fall we hear news of these happening.
I live just 4 miles from the 417 and 30 minutes from Ottawa.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE