Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Report: Helicopter crash on Daniel Island may have been caused by drone

This reads rather suspiciously like looking to blame something else for the benefit of saving face. Even manned aircraft pilot forums are questioning the legitimacy of blaming a drone on this crash. We'll see where the investigation leads.

Reactions: Busdriver
This reads rather suspiciously like looking to blame something else for the benefit of saving face. Even manned aircraft pilot forums are questioning the legitimacy of blaming a drone on this crash. We'll see where the investigation leads.
Sounds fishy to me as well. Especially since the instructor seemed very specific about the make and model of the drone. Especially under the circumstances.

Now for my pet peeve of the day. When articles are written about a specific car, aircraft, drone, etc. at least use images of the actual make and model mentioned in the article. Does this look anything like a DJI Phantom?

580549c6daa41.image.jpg

MORE Peeve -

Back in the day, I was part of a team working on a report for the Navy about the use of helo's .......blah blah blah. Not sure why I was assigned to the team cause I still don't know how 1 million parts flying in close proximity to one another actually works. But anyway, the first draft was ready and I was the first reviewer. I didn't even open the report because my first comment (on a bright pink stickey note) was "What is this doing on the cover? We work on for the good guys."

I was reprimanded for my "unprofessional behavior". He was reassigned.

Peeve out

Attachments

• Mi24d.jpg
    Mi24d.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 15
HUGE online and community buzz about this. Pilots, helo instructors, aviation officials. Overwhelming response - B.S.

Sounds fishy to me as well. Especially since the instructor seemed very specific about the make and model of the drone. Especially under the circumstances.

Now for my pet peeve of the day. When articles are written about a specific car, aircraft, drone, etc. at least use images of the actual make and model mentioned in the article. Does this look anything like a DJI Phantom?

580549c6daa41.image.jpg
My first reaction as well...it was er, uh a DJI Phantom 4 Pro with an ND8 filter and extra capacity battery

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller