Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RID again

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

Does the V3 come RID ready? I can't seem to get a reply from Autel CS (no surprise).

There are other threads on the subject, but no. Currently, no Autek drones have RID on board.

I purchased the Autel EVO II v3 RTK rugged bundle through B&H Photo less than a year ago. On Autel firmware site smart controller connected with drone bound it shows my software and firmware are up to date (full firware table listed items), and that RID compliance is included in that firware. But when I go to FAA drone registration it shows my serial number as not included; and along with that when I went to Official Autel online store, my drone serial showed invalid there also..? I reached out to them and they had me send an image of the serial number and scan tag within my drones battery compartment, they confirmed receipt but I have not heard back from them. Today I went on Autel Customer Support site and sent these details, waiting on response
anyone have any news or thoughts?

From what I have heard to be RID compliant via the FAA the serial number will have around 20+ characters, and will start with the Manufacturers Identifiier for Autel, I have been led to believe the Serial number will begin with 1748C*************************

Reactions: bedellrt
Prior to the latest firmware update I recently performed, my serial number, did not include the 1748C , but now it does show that prefix and same serial numbers after ….

Check here:

View attachment 16192
For all who are caught in this problem, including me, look at the link @rcee sent for the DOC (you’ll see the page in the image above).

The key on the page is the Oct 2022 date. That was that last date Autel submitted serial numbers.

I’m guessing (would like to say certain, but they have earn questionability) they will submit a new batch as Sept 16, 2023 gets closer. Common sense says submit many times or a larger batch at once.

Do I trust Autel to competently attend to this matter, a big fat NO, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Your Autel drone serial number starts with 1748C. I do know this is not the RID serial number because I, being uninformed, tried to enter it when I registered my drone, in the FAA Drone Zone, and got an error message.

I know this does not solve this issue, but it sheds light on a problem I had to do quite a bit of research on to become informed. Frustrating!!!

I purchased the Autel EVO II v3 RTK rugged bundle through B&H Photo less than a year ago. On Autel firmware site smart controller connected with drone bound it shows my software and firmware are up to date (full firware table listed items), and that RID compliance is included in that firware. But when I go to FAA drone registration it shows my serial number as not included; and along with that when I went to Official Autel online store, my drone serial showed invalid there also..? I reached out to them and they had me send an image of the serial number and scan tag within my drones battery compartment, they confirmed receipt but I have not heard back from them. Today I went on Autel Customer Support site and sent these details, waiting on response
anyone have any news or thoughts?
When I was doing research about RID a couples of months ago and ordered an RID for my EVO 1, I read that all "LITE" Autels were RID compliant. Then I believe I read that Autel was negotiating and waiting for approval from the FAA on some other models.

Reactions: bedellrt
From what I read, the new Autel drones whose names end in "Lite" are RID ready.
The EVO 2 V3s have it onboard. The problem is the FAA is unaware of all of the drone serial numbers because Autel didn’t know all of the serial numbers for drones built after Oct 2022, which was the date they last submitted drone serial numbers.

Until they submit the next batch of drone serial numbers, we won’t have a RID ID to enter into the registration page, on the FAA Drone Zone page.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout