Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Second flight with the Autel

rkyleh

Reaction score
I went out for the second flight to check out some more settings. The RTH works spot on and the gimbal is great I love the fact that you can look straight down something I plan on using a lot. I need another battery and a calm day. This thing is awesome!

I went out for the second flight to check out some more settings. The RTH works spot on and the gimbal is great I love the fact that you can look straight down something I plan on using a lot. I need another battery and a calm day. This thing is awesome!
I think you did a awesome job and what a great place you have to fly...

That's pretty high quality for your 2nd flight. Where were you?
This area is north of Las Vegas, BLM land and very seldom do I see anybody else out there. As you can see there is a lot of room to fly in.

Reactions: KentA
Hey good job. Second flight looked good.... Can fly forever, yeah second or third battery for sure.

LOL. I replied to your other posted asking where you were. Thought that looked like my area. I am near there too. Love this area for flying. Just open desert. I sometimes wait till the sun is just setting over the mountains. Does a really good shot.

LOL. I replied to your other posted asking where you were. Thought that looked like my area. I am near there too. Love this area for flying. Just open desert. I sometimes wait till the sun is just setting over the mountains. Does a really good shot.
I like this area it is out far enough I don't get much traffic.

While you are buying an extra battery, get 3 or 4. I have 5. Amazing how fast you can go thru them. I don't take any chances so once I'm down to 7 minutes I'm heading for home. So in a realistic flight situation I'll get 15 minutes out of each battery. That's only 75 minutes total. That time literally "flies" by!!!! :)

Reactions: dirtracer7207
Nice video !! I have a question,Why do we see the props in the top of the video ?? I just purchased my xstar and im hoping i wont have that problem while im flying !

Nice video !! I have a question,Why do we see the props in the top of the video ?? I just purchased my xstar and im hoping i wont have that problem while im flying !
The wind was blowing very hard from the south. As I headed into the wind and accelerated she leans forward and the gimbal stays straight. I could have tilted the camera down and you would not have seen the props. You can see as I turn north no props. It is something I need to remember because we have a lot of wind here.

I find a 9 degree tilt will 99% of the time eliminate the props in most of my videos. Small framed quadcopters like the X-Star all have this problem. My Yuneec Q500 never had this problem with the bigger frame.

Reactions: tony.palumbojr
I find a 9 degree tilt will 99% of the time eliminate the props in most of my videos. Small framed quadcopters like the X-Star all have this problem. My Yuneec Q500 never had this problem with the bigger frame.
Thanks I will try that the next time I get to fly which according to the weather prognosticators will probably be next Tuesday or Wednesday!!

You see the props because the aircraft is pitched forward as it flies forward. To prevent the props from showing, a slower horizontal speed would take care of it.
Also, attain a higher altitude as doing so will allow you to tilt the camera down (keeping it from seeing the props as you fly).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials