Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

sick of removing props every time - solution

cokeaddict

Reaction score
1 Gimbal housing.jpg 2 Gimbal Housing bottom view.jpg drone in case.jpg lid mods.jpg Ok so the "don't modify anything" has come and gone. After well over 1 year of owning this great bird i feel much less stressed cutting things up. That's exactly what i did this afternoon.
I hate having to remove the props every time i fly. Sometimes that can be a few times a day if i move locations so i had a feeling this carry case was capable of keeping the props on when closed...... and it does a great job after a few easy cuts.

For those willing to try, you need to modify the gimbal foam surround so that you get the bird to sit firm on its arms without having the gimbal touching the foam as they do from day 1. (Pic shows what u need to open)

Then you need to cut into the lid. At first i thought it would not work but it fits perfectly without any loads on the props at all. (props move freely when lid closed) YES the prop hubs touch the lid which is good as it stabilises the whole bird in the case ! Again pics show the cuts.

Once its done the props are a thing of the past now and time saved is well worth it for me.

Just wanted to share this with those of you who are ready to make changes. I know you new flyers must be cringing reading this but its not new to me anymore and it was time.
Very happy with results.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
cokeaddict........Thank you! I would not have done it, if I did not have an extra case (thanks to this forum, heard Autel selling refurb cases, few weeks ago, $25 delivered). I tried using an X-acto knife, but didn't have long enough blade so used sharp pocket knife. Few suggestions...
Band Aids, & make sure wife IS NOT HOME. & if she is, try doing it BEFORE she vacuums. It makes a mess, and gets the Wifey pretty irate cutting after she just vacuumed. So thanks again, HUGE HELP, now if you can do anything about the weather here in Chicago, so I can take case out of house.
Safe flying

cokeaddict........Thank you! I would not have done it, if I did not have an extra case (thanks to this forum, heard Autel selling refurb cases, few weeks ago, $25 delivered). I tried using an X-acto knife, but didn't have long enough blade so used sharp pocket knife. Few suggestions...
Band Aids, & make sure wife IS NOT HOME. & if she is, try doing it BEFORE she vacuums. It makes a mess, and gets the Wifey pretty irate cutting after she just vacuumed. So thanks again, HUGE HELP, now if you can do anything about the weather here in Chicago, so I can take case out of house.
Safe flying

G'day Tony,
Your welcome mate. Leaving the props on saves me heaps of time as I usually move form 1 location to another in 1 day. SO it equates to more "air time". This is very handy when your trying to shoot sunsets from 3 or 4 different locations.
As for the weather....SURE I can help you with that too. Get a air ticket to Australia and pick any state, it's all sunshine here. Set up your bird and fly. Make sure you do a compass calibration lol. :)

Reactions: Downunderpilot
G'day Tony,
Your welcome mate. Leaving the props on saves me heaps of time as I usually move form 1 location to another in 1 day. SO it equates to more "air time". This is very handy when your trying to shoot sunsets from 3 or 4 different locations.
As for the weather....SURE I can help you with that too. Get a air ticket to Australia and pick any state, it's all sunshine here. Set up your bird and fly. Make sure you do a compass calibration lol. :)
Sounds l I ke a great idea....also the calibration had me rolling brother!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preorios