Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Still on the fence with brand of choice?

You're afraid to lose a Mavic Pro but not a P4 Pro which is even more money than a Mavic? I'm confused.

I love my Autel but DJI is hands down the king of quads.
While I hate to admit it, this is the case. Which is sad because the XSP just holds so much promise.

I really do not see the 1 inch sensor getting released till next year sometime. If it does it will be late this year and only after the Flir camera.
So then, do you honestly think the Flir will be ready by the end of the year (Christmas time)?

Just go read the DJI and Mavic forums...i have officially sworn off the Mavic as my next drone purchase...way too many problems, flyaways, the NFZ issues with their app, their customer service (or lacking customer service) and their NFZ zones being way larger than the real zones.

I guess I meant this in the context of having a used XSP. But you're not confused. I am all over the place. :)
No worries, it happens to us all, I was truly confused and I will blame my wife as usual since she was talking to me during my drone forum time...lol. Drones are not a failure proof technology, too many variables plus us as humans driving. Being Air Force in electronics for 15+ years I am sure they have had their issues with drones too, and theirs cost a lot more than ours. For the time being I am sticking to Autel and staying away from DJI unless they get their act together properly. With what I have for accessories, batteries and dual remotes I might just pick up a second refurbed XSP or a slightly used one for the right price...most likely the refurb route through AR themselves, at least they test it out thoroughly and cover it for a little while.

Yuneec intrigues me, Agustine's words are always pretty positive and respected and I have heard others give good reviews...they are just huge compared to the XSP and I really want better portability. The Karma is huge as is the 3DR...wish DJI would reverse their rectal cranial inversion and make people happy.

Would love to know more if Autel is coming with a 1" Sensor Camera. And if they do will it be downward compatible or will you be purchasing a new bird. My next bird I would love to be more portable than my Typhoon 4k. It is large. Have looked at the Mavic but not really sold on DJI products although they do have the goods.

Would love to know more if Autel is coming with a 1" Sensor Camera. And if they do will it be downward compatible or will you be purchasing a new bird. My next bird I would love to be more portable than my Typhoon 4k. It is large. Have looked at the Mavic but not really sold on DJI products although they do have the goods.
Even though they were all gung-ho about the 1" sensor, I am not sure that is going to happen...very costly. I too was going to buy a Mavic until all of the DJI fiasco around the NFZ's and also all of the camera issues they have had in the past. the Platinum version from what I have heard also made the camera better and stability better, but they would have to get rid of that stupid NFZ BS before I even think about DJI as being a choice for me to consider. I am truly hoping one of the new Autel model projects is a collapsible version or at least something that is more portable...I don't think I am waiting till next year though, I really need something for camping/hiking/canoeing season that is starting next month down here.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller