Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The EVO curse?

slvervper99

Reaction score
I am not trying to bash Autel, I actually love my XSP. Also not an expert in drone technology, camera technology, or RC technology. I work as a medical professional who loves flying my drone as a hobby, for fun, and to see the world 400 feet above me. I have not pre-ordered the EVO nor will I buy one right now but it seems like this pre-launch of the drone is somewhat plagued with problems......is this drone cursed? We have the tilt issue, distance issue, app that is not currently released in IOs and a beta on the Android platform. We have seen good videos/distance but we also have heard about the above problems. Autel is 1 week away from releasing the pre-ordered drones. So the question is......will it have the same issues for the people who already ordered them, will the issues be fixed in 1 week? I know this is a new product and may present glitches but did we expect too much of this drone; were the expectations were very high? Were there so much buzz about this drone that it became more exposed to criticism compared to it's counterpart the Mavic Pro. I wonder if Autel felt pressured on releasing maybe to early before working out the kinks? I only hope they do so. I am still debating between the EVO and the Anafi - I know it's apples and oranges (no pun intended :D) but what gives?

I am not trying to bash Autel, I actually love my XSP. Also not an expert in drone technology, camera technology, or RC technology. I work as a medical professional who loves flying my drone as a hobby, for fun, and to see the world 400 feet above me. I have not pre-ordered the EVO nor will I buy one right now but it seems like this pre-launch of the drone is somewhat plagued with problems......is this drone cursed? We have the tilt issue, distance issue, app that is not currently released in IOs and a beta on the Android platform. We have seen good videos/distance but we also have heard about the above problems. Autel is 1 week away from releasing the pre-ordered drones. So the question is......will it have the same issues for the people who already ordered them, will the issues be fixed in 1 week? I know this is a new product and may present glitches but did we expect too much of this drone; were the expectations were very high? Were there so much buzz about this drone that it became more exposed to criticism compared to it's counterpart the Mavic Pro. I wonder if Autel felt pressured on releasing maybe to early before working out the kinks? I only hope they do so. I am still debating between the EVO and the Anafi - I know it's apples and oranges (no pun intended :D) but what gives?

I totally agree with everything you said above. I will not buy the EVO, until I see some solid reviews from EVO pilots who actually have the real deal. Not all these DEMOs being sent out. And of course DJI is supposed to launch something new in July as well! DJI has the lionshare of the worlds Drone Market and they aren't gonna give up easily.

But, like you, I'm not about to unload $999 on something that is yet unproven and may be filled with Bugs. I check everyday to see if the Explorer App is available? Still not released yet either.

Will wait and see a few months to see how the EVO fairs. I still fly my Pumpkin regularly, so I'm not giving up on Autel just yet!

Giving Autel a GIGANTIC benefit of the doubt here...... and this is a stretch considering what we’ve all witnessed so far...

Autel might not want the App released until the EVO release date. That’s happened with other iOS Apps linked to specific hardware. Apple can pre-approve Apps if you get it to them soon enough. Not sure about the Android world...

Giving Autel a GIGANTIC benefit of the doubt here...... and this is a stretch considering what we’ve all witnessed so far...

Autel might not want the App released until the EVO release date. That’s happened with other iOS Apps linked to specific hardware. Apple can pre-approve Apps if you get it to them soon enough. Not sure about the Android world...
While this is true and I agree with you; I understand that some people won the EVO at CES and they have received their EVO's prior to the release date.....what are the chances that they all use Android phones or tablets......but in this case - it probably is very good coincidence. i would hate to have gotten the EVO prior to the release date and can't use it because I use an Iphone or Ipad...that would be too funny even though it's not. :D

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy