Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

This or anafi please help

Mdsniper7

Reaction score
So I am wondering which to get. I will not buy dji as I hate there nfz control. So looking at the evo and the anafi. My questions are is the evo wifi like anafi or like ocusync. Second how quiet is the evo as I fly around animals for filming. Whst are the biggest issues people are facing with evo right now.

I got mine a few days ago, i recommend this over the Anafi for the following reasons.
Ambarella H2 image processors = better footage from the EVO
Controller screen and live feed means you dont need your phone to get flying quickly
MUCH longer range
Better Customer service, replies within 60 seconds of me asking them a question during business hours.
Precise landing means its landing within inches of where it takes off (provided you take off from an area were the ground doesn't all look the same, i.e using a landing pad instead of grass)
but even without that precise landing function its crazy accurate.

The EVO has the same decibel rating as the Mavic Pro Platinum, BUT everyone who has heard them side by side say that the EVO 'sounds' quieter. This is because the EVO produces a lower frequency noise which is more pleasant to the human ear. This would make the EVO the quietest film making drone on the market

Last edited:
Reactions: DadCorso80
I got mine a few days ago, i recommend this over the Anafi for the following reasons.
Ambarella H2 image processors = better footage from the EVO
Controller screen and live feed means you dont need your phone to get flying quickly
MUCH longer range
Better Customer service, replies within 60 seconds of me asking them a question during business hours.
Precise landing means its landing within inches of where it takes off (provided you take off from an area were the ground doesn't all look the same, i.e using a landing pad instead of grass)
but even without that precise landing function its crazy accurate.

The EVO has the same decibel rating as the Mavic Pro Platinum, BUT everyone who has heard them side by side say that the EVO 'sounds' quieter. This is because the EVO produces a lower frequency noise which is more pleasant to the human ear. This would make the EVO the quietest film making drone on the market

You are comparing apples to oranges here. There is no way you can compare the Anafi to the EVO. Two totally different UAV's. Buy what fits your need period. Don't buy into the EVO hype just because CS is great. So far they have not fixed one problem with the EVO and have removed advertising from their site because they know they cannot fulfill promises that they have made.

Reactions: SRJ_North East_CT
You are comparing apples to oranges here. There is no way you can compare the Anafi to the EVO. Two totally different UAV's. Buy what fits your need period. Don't buy into the EVO hype just because CS is great. So far they have not fixed one problem with the EVO and have removed advertising from their site because they know they cannot fulfill promises that they have made.

I agree that they are two different classes of drone. But I disagree that Autel has not fixed any problems. In fact that horizon tilt is the last significant problem left to fix. Flight time has gone up, i can now reach the advertised max speed now that i have the latest firmware update. Dynamic track is now moving more efficiently around obstacles, and most bugs in the app have been fixed!

Although i am very new to this forum, I have had in depth discussion with Autel Reps about this product and I would not let the fact that they were late on their release have any discount on the abilities of this drone.

When did this latest firmware update come out. I did not keep up on updates. I only know of one so far and that did nothing to improve the performance from all the Vlog videos on youtube so I guess there has been more then one update?

No only the one update so far and there are more issues... Rear Obstacle doest stop the drone, only beeps, Orbit video is choppy, looks like it is being done manually by someone not god at the controls, waypoint orbit wont let you fly out of a so called safety circle..

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
No only the one update so far and there are more issues... Rear Obstacle doest stop the drone, only beeps, Orbit video is choppy, looks like it is being done manually by someone not god at the controls, waypoint orbit wont let you fly out of a so called safety circle..

Yes I was not going to get into it as I do not have one YET....I say yet as I probably will hit the buy button one of these time after 7 or 8 beers and wake up in the morning wondering why I have a shipping date :)

I see a lot of new people here after buying the EVO. That is great, love new members and listening to their experiences with their new toy. Some have back ground in RC but others are new to it. Just remember some of us have been around Autel for a couple of years and it takes a lot for them to impress us after they lied about the X-Star and all the improvements they had planned for it.

Giving my money to a company that has lied to me in the past does not settle to well with me. I will wait just a while longer to see what they can do to make things right.

So I am wondering which to get. I will not buy dji as I hate there nfz control. So looking at the evo and the anafi. My questions are is the evo wifi like anafi or like ocusync. Second how quiet is the evo as I fly around animals for filming. Whst are the biggest issues people are facing with evo right now.
actually the Evo does have nfz control but only for airports and military bases and NONEof the crappy popups and constant warnings,,instead of 5 miles from airports its only one kilometer

Based on either the Anafi or the Evo I would go for the Evo and you're at the right place to get more info on it, do your best diligence and read on them the most
you can and you will be able to make the best choice for your usage. If you end up with one please come back here and give us your experience good or bad.
Good Luck

The EVO features is really good - if they don't have the glitches they do currently. (just a reminder - I'm not bashing Autel) But like Agustine stated, these are two different birds. the Anafi is actually closer to the Mavic Air (out this year) or the X-Star Premium (out roughly 2 years ago and no longer for sale) while the EVO is more closely compared to the Mavic Pro although the Mavic have been out for a couple of years now. The other difference is the price point. The neat feature of the Anafi is the 180 camera that can take vid/pix up or down but they do not have front and rear OAS, and they only have one on the bottom from my understanding unlike the EVO which have front, rear, and bottom OAS. Me particularly - I'm holding out until they have been out for a few months maybe even wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Hopefully by that time -all the kinks/glitches are worked out.

Like I said two different birds for sure. The Anafi iOS is now live in the Apple store and it came out five days after the EVO so whats Autels problem? All the mode that are advertised work right out of the box unlike the EVO so again what is Autels problem? Yes the EVO has a better sensor but with tilted horizon so again what is Autels problem? The EVO weights three times more then the Anafi so yes it will make a great boat anchor so yes it has one bonus point :)

This is his third flight with Anafi, at this point he is exploring the different modes. There is a lot to learn with this drone - zoom, 180 tilt, dronies, Follow modes, Cinema modes, Hyper....

He finds the app pretty intuitive as he fumbled through several modes not knowing exactly what to expect; but he pushed buttons and observed Anafi. What's really cool is most of the typical "Dronie" maneuvers like Tornado and Selfie can be used while Anafi follows you. This is very useful on the trail; He can start a 60 meter boomerang and Anafi will Follow him and perform the maneuver, even around turns and elevations, getting a cinematic shot with no input from him.

Anafi has most of the Solo moves then some. He said he likes when you start an Orbit Anafi will do one revolution then stop when it reaches the original clock position and resume simple Follow, very smooth; it was always a pain with Solo to transition from Orbit to Follow smoothly. You can chain the smart shots together so when an orbit is done you can start a boomerang etc.. I
He see a lot of possibilities with Anafi but it's going to take some diligence to get the most out of it. The only shot that wasn't so smooth was Follow Parabola which he is sure will get sorted.

He only has one battery but Anafi did fly for about 24 minutes and had 11% battery remaining when he landed.

This guy is really showing what this drone can do, With the quality of the video it is making for a tough choice.

That’s a great Anafi video, and the lossless zoom offers a lot of cinematic options. To be honest aside from that, most of this stuff can be recreated by any 2 year old DJI drone. Especially in the vastness of a desert.

I have watch a ton of reviews, some from people who know what they are doing and others from guys that don't have a clue and never went over any of the options.
The Anafi has some good points and some bad. The HDR video I think is crap. Don't think I would used it unless when ND filters come out it might look better. You need to color grade the video so that is time consuming. Of all the DJI, Autel and Yuneec drones out there the Anafi has by far the best follow me of them all. It uses track, GPS and barometer of your phone if so equipped. The 3 combination is hard to beat.
The 180 camera is cool but just how much would you use it?
The biggest plus to me is the price. I have asked their support and they did return my emails in a day which is not to bad.

Yeah that 180 degree camera is awesome, but without even forward obsacle avoidance, looking up is a sketchy shot at best, unless your right next to the drone. Still, I applaud the uniqueness of this thing. I love oddball s***.

I have not had many problems with the Evo, just some minor annoyances and a dynamic range issue that somehow seems to have fixed itself. Granted, I'm not a power user, I mainly use it for buzzing around and snapping a few photos, but so far I've been satisfied. I've taken it out about 2 miles with no signal problems and it's been stable in gusts up to 20 mph.

And I know there's negative reviews about any drone, but this does not look good for the Anafi:

Parrot Anafi drone review: flying high, but falling short

Also, Ive never seen an Anafi in action, but the Evo is WAAAAAYYYY quieter than my Phantom 3 or my X-Star. Consensus on the several YouTube videos I've seen about noise is that it's either quieter than the Mavic or its the same loudness but a much lower pitch so less noticeable.

Last edited:
And I know there's negative reviews about any drone, but this does not look good for the Anafi:

Parrot Anafi drone review: flying high, but falling short

None of the people on youtube reviewing the drone report any of that except that the HDR is flawed. I think saying the HDR is flawed is accurate (you do not necessarily need to specify the Anafi here), but I've not seen a single other person agree the rest their list of issues so far. And after looking at the Captain Drone review of the "follow me" feature, as well as Bo's review, I think it's like they reviewed totally different products.

He ends with this:
"Overall, Parrot has made the best competitor to a mainstream DJI drone in years. But just showing up isn’t enough, to really matter, the Anafi had to be better than the DJI Mavic Air, and unfortunately, it’s far from that."

This feels like the drone version of the Cult of Mac. Because if it isn't DJI it's obviously crap. That reads more like a hit piece than a review. Everything that is executed differently than DJI is wrong. Thus far they only have reviews of DJI drones, the SkyDio R1, two Bebop reviews and the Anafi. DJI all get raves, the R1 a good rating and Parrot all get poor.
It could be accurate for the Bebop's are poor but they think the Anafi is only slight improvement?

I expect the Evo would also get raked over the coals too unless it's a cost based thing.

So now I'm really torn cause the mavic pro fly more is 700 new on prime day. See I dont want dji cause of nfz everywhere but 700 is insane. Ughhh I'm so torn. Btw I got the anafi today gonna try it out and see.

Once you go Orange and Black you never go back! Give the EVO a chance if the Anafi doesn't work out, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: worldwidefootage

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials