Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thunder Bay Harbour & Surrounding Area

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Not a great day for picture taking but I was down at the waterfront (Thunder Bay Harbour) today so why not take a few pictures of ships and rivers flowing into the lake. There was a haze out over the lake today.

DSC_0296_7_8_Enhancer.jpg DSC_0305_6_7_Compressor.jpg DSC_0335_6_7_Optimizer.jpg DSC_0341_2_3_Compressor.jpg DSC_0356_7_8_Compressor.jpg DSC_0365_6_7_Balanced.jpg DSC_0368.jpg DSC_0381_2_3_Balanced.jpg DSC_0402_3_4_Balanced.jpg

Marshall Islands has flagged ships!?! Wow. Spent a lot of time at Kwajalein, MI, missile range, and never saw anything more than a rowboat commanded by a Marshallese! Been to Majuro, the capital, never saw anything bigger than visiting sailboats! What are they loading-up with?

OK found a site that told me the Federal Yoshino weighed anchor and proceeded to the Richardson Main Terminal to load grain.

E372DCF5-44C0-427F-930B-7432C396BFB6.jpeg What’s so odd, is that the Marshall Islands are a series of tiny atolls with very little land. The US Army leases Kwajalein, and much of the lagoon, to aim missiles launched from California (which is a sight to behold - re-entry vehicles spiraling into the lagoon at night, as you drink beer on the beach!). It’s one of the largest atolls, at 3mi X .5mi. Runways are the dominant features. I guess these flagged ships are just a business venture that never actually goes to the Marshalls? Maybe the Gov’t offers low taxes for flagged ships to get some revenue which they desperately need. Aside from US Gov’t leases, MI has little revenue sources...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d