Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tilted Horizon

Bummer. This seems to be a random problem that only happens to a small percentage of drones. These things must be created by a slight glitch when updating firmware. Similar I believe to the battery issue that's becoming more common.

I would like to see a way to wipe everything clean and reload the firmware. Yesterday I reloaded .12 on all four of my batteries. Every one acted the same with no apparent reload. I haven't had a chance to fly yet but don't expect anything to be resolved.

I think for you guys the only fix will be sending the drone to Autel for a replacement of the gimbal..... Hopefully someone will soon get resolution to the problem and post it.

From the last couple days on a just returned Drone because of a Gimbal issue.

Attachments

• MAX_0002 (1).JPG
    MAX_0002 (1).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • MAX_0004 (3).JPG
    MAX_0004 (3).JPG
    4 MB · Views: 16
I do believe from the different sites I read that there is some type of glitch in the firmware. Mine flies awesome before and after the update. BUT yesterday when I was flying I pressed the pause button and the drone starts to return home. ...backwards. I've been emailing autel about it and they want me to ship it back. I think I'm just gonna leave it alone for now cause it's pretty cool for video. Plus I've not had this much fun with something I purchased in a long time. ..

I do believe from the different sites I read that there is some type of glitch in the firmware. Mine flies awesome before and after the update. BUT yesterday when I was flying I pressed the pause button and the drone starts to return home. ...backwards. I've been emailing autel about it and they want me to ship it back. I think I'm just gonna leave it alone for now cause it's pretty cool for video. Plus I've not had this much fun with something I purchased in a long time. ..
I had a fly away back in the spring because it flew 180 opposite direction. Just saying.

From the last couple days on a just returned Drone because of a Gimbal issue.
I have to run mine -6 to keep it level. Also have gimble.wander . Even before flight th3 camera moves a bit. App disconnect non stop, no particular distance, could be close or.out couple hundred meters. Gimble cleaning sleep mode frequently after power up an I have to bind remote every power up . Just an xs. 3 weeks old. Updated firmware out of box. First issue was battery. Autel stated it must have sat to long on store shelf so sent a new one. Max distance before I lose connection video and app 0.3mile.
df430d0d4132e8137a0e3194eb6a74d2.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Don't know, but added a +1.8 gimbel tilt to my preflight checklist every flight since firmware update.

If I could resolve the horizon tilt in my XSP by adding a little gimbal roll adjustment, I could live with it (until a new firmware release). Unfortunately, as I've posted in a previous thread, on my XSP the direction of horizon tilt varies depending on the direction of yaw, and also the degree of tilt depends on the speed of yaw. It absolutely cannot be corrected with gimbal roll adjustment on my ship.

Here are two of my previously posted videos which show the problem. Both have been shared with Autel CS to while discussing the issue with them. The second one shows me attempting to use their "temporary fix" that they suggested - it didn't work:

For comparison, my horizon/gimbal's behavior prior to upgrade to firmware 2.0.12:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller