Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

To Cold To Fly So It's Jerky Time

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Sliced by hand instead of using the hobart. Saves a lot of cleaning time. :lol:
Into a large freezer bag for 24 hours. Marinated in Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of ginger and 9.0 grams of cure #1 and a couple of other secret spices I only hold the key to for 24 hours. No smoker this time around but used some liquid smoke. Use the right amount and it works out OK. Better then standing outside tending the smoker and rotating the racks when its 10 degrees F outside.
6 racks going into the 10 rack dehydrator for 10 hours @ 155F.
Checked this morning and they are at the bending and cracking stage so out they came. :banana_smiley:

IS7NfzF.png

4qvskZd.jpg

BQcHD0J.jpg

FMSKqFx.jpg

uIuLaPJ.jpg

73dNRTk.jpg

Reactions: dronechimp
Nice... someday I will get around to trying this with my dehydrator. Mine is not as fancy as yours but looks to be the same size. What cut of meat do you prefer to start with?

Nice... someday I will get around to trying this with my dehydrator. Mine is not as fancy as yours but looks to be the same size. What cut of meat do you prefer to start with?

I usually buy round roast as it is lean and cheap to buy up here. The ones I buy average around 8lbs and thats just about right for my smoker or dehydrator. Basically any lean meat will do. I even make jerky out of ground beef. :)

I just roll it out on the supplied mats about 1\4 inch thick and dehydrate. Comes out pretty good.

20170401_110924.jpg 20170402_104514.jpg

Sliced by hand instead of using the hobart. Saves a lot of cleaning time. :lol:
Into a large freezer bag for 24 hours. Marinated in Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of ginger and 9.0 grams of cure #1 and a couple of other secret spices I only hold the key to for 24 hours. No smoker this time around but used some liquid smoke. Use the right amount and it works out OK. Better then standing outside tending the smoker and rotating the racks when its 10 degrees F outside.
6 racks going into the 10 rack dehydrator for 10 hours @ 155F.
Checked this morning and they are at the bending and cracking stage so out they came. :banana_smiley:

IS7NfzF.png

4qvskZd.jpg

BQcHD0J.jpg

FMSKqFx.jpg

uIuLaPJ.jpg

73dNRTk.jpg
OMG gotta have some amazing micro brews around you with that.

You must appreciate a good jerky when roaming around in the snow.

When I was young enough to drag 'em out, I made venison jerky & carried it back into the woods, but it was difficult not to use too much Teriyaki or drink too much beer when making it.

Reactions: dronechimp

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller