Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Toronto area flying clubs

AutelToronto

Reaction score
Website
www.denttransformer.com
Anyone in the Toronto and GTA areas this is an option most drone owners have gone to after the recent changes from TC- Transport Canada.

The Radio Control Flying Club of Toronto is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. Our field is located on the north side of Passmore Avenue one half kilometer east of Tapscott Road in the north east section of Scarborough. We have about 145 members at the present time varying in age from fourteen to over eighty years young. The members' interests vary from .25 size Sport to Scale to Giant Scale. Power varies from glow to gas to electric. The majority of members fly sport and scale glow and gas powered aircraft, although electrics are making great strides forward. Helicopters are also flown.

RCFCT Home

Most flying clubs around here will put up with UAV operators but do not want them around. I have emailed some in my area and the response was not great.
You have to remember we fly camera platforms that we spent a lot of money on. Flying around a open field taking pictures of grass is not why I bought a UAV. I heard a good comparison from being stuck flying at a flying club. It would be like me sitting on my touring motorcycle sitting in my garage revving the motor pretending I was touring Canada.
Pretty fricken boring if you ask me.

Yea I could sit on my bike but it won't run, needs a new battery and not wasting the money this late in the season. I'm going out to this club only to meet up with other drone members I've flown with in the past and before TC got everything upside down. I still fly in different areas all the time, follow the rules outlined and never any issues. They will never discourage me from what I love doing and that's landscape photography. Not going to get that from a flying field but I will at least get a chance to hang out with the old crowd from our flying meet ups last year and years prior.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials