Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

USGS using XSP’s flying over lava?

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Look at the last 3 seconds of the 1st video. Is the US Geological Survey using XSP’s over the lava in Hawaii? Any other drone’s legs that are orange? I don’t know anybody in emergency services that can confirm the USGS uses XSP’s, but I became suspectous watching several videos that show a few XSP flight quirks...

https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo/multimedia_uploads/multimediaFile-1966.mp4

The best new video:
https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo/multimedia_uploads/multimediaFile-1982.mp4

Reactions: KentA
Wow that second video sure had a lot of jello in it. Do not think that was from a X-Star unless it has a broken damper on the gimble. :)

Man that stuff can sure mess up a good paving job. Sorry I spent 40 years building roads.

Man that stuff can sure mess up a good paving job. Sorry I spent 40 years building roads.
This entire area sits atop a massive pool of lava. Absolutely insane to build houses there. Hawaii County wastes a fortune building infrastructure in lava zone one areas that get overrun with lava continually. It’s a big island, no need to live around here....

Wow that second video sure had a lot of jello in it. Do not think that was from a X-Star unless it has a broken damper on the gimble. :)
Yea, it’ll get worse before it gets better. There’s a dozen lava tubes under this area directly connected to the Kilauea crater upslope. The crater level has sunk, meaning that lava has found a new way to the surface! It lasted 6 months in 2016.

In the 1st video, it sure appears as if one rubber dampers is loose or missing??

Mobile homes, things get tough, put the wheels back on and truck it to someplace better :D
That’s wasaaaay too logical/practical an idea for Hawaii! The only time Hawaii County didn’t try to rebuild was 1960, when the entire town of Kapoho was covered. The downtown, houses, farms, roads —- everything. It’s still deserted today, you can’t tell anything was ever there...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials