Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using WiFi with X-Star Premium

mikeb

Reaction score
Im using an Nvidia Shield with my Premium and would like to know if I should Disconnect WiFi when Im flying.
I do not have cellular service with the Shield but there are times I might be able to connect to WiFi and be able to get the maps, satellite view.
Would there be any conflicts running WiFi during a flight.
I usually turn it off while flying just to be on the safe side...Thanks....

Im using an Nvidia Shield with my Premium and would like to know if I should Disconnect WiFi when Im flying.
I do not have cellular service with the Shield but there are times I might be able to connect to WiFi and be able to get the maps, satellite view.
Would there be any conflicts running WiFi during a flight.
I usually turn it off while flying just to be on the safe side...Thanks....
I am also running a Nvidia Shield. I turn off the wifi to conserve the battery in the Shield. The few times I have not, I haven't noticed any atypical flight behavioral issues.

I am also running a Nvidia Shield. I turn off the wifi to conserve the battery in the Shield. The few times I have not, I haven't noticed any atypical flight behavioral issues.
Thank You...Good to hear! Happy New Year...

What do you guys use for maps if you have the wifi off? Do you cache the maps? I use the wifi to connect to my hot spot on my phone.

Reactions: fundy
I just have a cheap Android tablet. It will take up to 64 gigs I think. Problem was you could not set it to store large files to the card. Something to do with the android version on that tablet and could not be updated so I had to root the system. By rooting the system it allowed me to make changes to store the files on the SDcard automatically. Took my many hours search google and youtube to figure it out. lenovo tab 3 is what I have. It works but I guess its not the best.

I have unsuccessfully tried map caching , especially satellite view. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Frustrating to say the least. I think its the Starlink app....Hasn't been updated in a while.
If I am lucky enough to have WiFi available where I fly that would solve the problem for me. I am guessing that "map caching" is working for others....Not for me...UGH....

I have never tried it but some of the posts say after you have cache your maps you should turn off the WiFi or the cache will update itself and delete what it had.
Don't know to much about it. Guess I should learn as there are spots where I cannot get cell service out in the bush.

I have never tried it but some of the posts say after you have cache your maps you should turn off the WiFi or the cache will update itself and delete what it had.
Don't know to much about it. Guess I should learn as there are spots where I cannot get cell service out in the bush.
Oh, did I forget that part? My bad.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller