Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Very brief clip - Storm about 20 miles to the north...had to deal with other 'obsticles'

ACJunior

Reaction score
Last night some a decent line of storms were moving SE from the north out of the Poconos into New Jersey (suddenly right over my head with a "pop-up" storm after I landed.) I tried a new location, a former Navy base turned into a pretty cool park in Bucks County, PA

It became a brief flight due to sudden winds picking up, add very bad video signal on my app then brief Magnetic interference (grr) - which then cleared up.

But what I noticed with my 'pumpkin' back in Spring, it attracted a lot bumble bees, these would begin to fly all around my XSP.. But last night was a first, it seemed to attract about 8-10 bird/small swallows. (I'm actually on the ground like a goofball yelling "get away!" :confused:) So once I saw that..forget it, I called this flight quits...I slooowly came down as a few more birds looked like they were flying below the drone. No harm done thankfully..last thing I want to do is kill any wildlife with this!

Are all drones like this, attracting birds? Or is it mainly the orange color of the XSP's? Odd, as for storms and capturing cool lightning - which I have yet to do...I'll should have better chances tomorrow and Sunday as this extreme heat and humidity try to finally break!

Reactions: Wrsdas

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials